Author Topic: Drowning in fluff!  (Read 1676 times)

Drowning in fluff!
« on: 02 May, 2016, 03:28:00 pm »
Tilly is a labradoodle that looks like a lab with a scruffy back. She doesnt shed like a lab which is nice.
Last autumn she moulted for a couple of weeks and thst was it. This spring though its fur armageddon. She has been moulting for a month now and you can brush her every day twice a day and still clouds of fluff come of her. I cant belive one relatively short haired dog can loose so much hair and nor be bald. The hoover is full every day. Perhaps she is blowing out her puppy coat at the same time as a spring moult. Good job we didnt get her because "labradoodles dont shed" (actually the breeder told us she would definitely shed as her coat is more lab than poodle). I think I might cut out the middle man and just hoover the dog.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
Re: Drowning in fluff!
« Reply #1 on: 02 May, 2016, 04:03:14 pm »
Can't you use a rubbish sack as an adaptation of hte "cone of shame" principle?
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #2 on: 02 May, 2016, 05:43:32 pm »
Furminator?

« Reply #3 on: 03 May, 2016, 02:22:20 pm »
Furminator?

We have the Mikki equivalent. Use it once a week but daren't do it more than that as they cut the hair as well.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

ian

« Reply #4 on: 05 May, 2016, 10:50:34 pm »
We have to furminate LMC once a day and the stuff still gets everywhere. I don't think they cut. Leastways we don't have a skin-head cat. She absolutely loves furmination.