Author Topic: Cotswold Expedition - June 20th  (Read 5203 times)

Re: Cotswold Expedition - June 20th
« Reply #25 on: 22 June, 2010, 01:29:01 pm »
Does anyone know when the photos that were taken on the day will be available online for viewing?

I will see if I can find out.   I expect that it may not for a while as our photographer tends to work away during the week
Organiser of Droitwich Cycling Club audaxes.  https://www.droitwichcyclingclub.co.uk/audax/

Ray 6701

• SO @ T
    • Tamworth cycling club
« Reply #26 on: 22 June, 2010, 02:05:41 pm »
Thanks to a late entry I was able to ride this with Marmite Geoff & we had Lycra man for company on most of the ride.  A steady pace around the route gave plenty of time to enjoy the scenery of which there was plenty. 
Big thanks to George for letting me enter and as ever Geoff for giving me a lift.
SR 2010/11/12/13/14/15
RRTY. PBP. LeJoG 1400. LEL.

« Reply #27 on: 22 June, 2010, 02:18:45 pm »
Clearly need to eat whatever rocket fuel gets some of you round in less than 8 hours!!

That'll be the Old Hooky available from the final control*, although in my case it was somewhat over 8 hours and for just the 160 but all the same it did provide the extra fuel required (over and above the sarnie & cake) for the long final leg.

* I doubt if the 8 hour expeditionists hung around long enough to take any on board though, shame that.

« Reply #28 on: 22 June, 2010, 08:21:33 pm »
Quick question:

Did everyone manage to find the HQ in the morning without problem?

One entrant appeared to have serious problems attempting to reach the start but we are not entirely clear as to why.

I found it easily the first time I went there and SHMBO found it easily the year before last.

Geoff
Only those that dare to go too far, know how far they can go.   T S Elliot

Bones

• Oh dear!
« Reply #29 on: 22 June, 2010, 10:37:58 pm »
Quick question:

Did everyone manage to find the HQ in the morning without problem?

One entrant appeared to have serious problems attempting to reach the start but we are not entirely clear as to why.

I found it with no trouble albeit already familiar with the M42/A435 junction. Did he/she return find it again at the end of the ride or is this weekend's fun and games to be a search for a lost "auk"? Your instructions to the HQ were very clear. Bones. 
There are no steep hills - just puny legs and the wrong gears :D

« Reply #30 on: 23 June, 2010, 11:27:18 am »
Does anyone know when the photos that were taken on the day will be available online for viewing?

Dominic, the photos are now available.  You will see both our ugly mugs in the first picture!

Picasa Web Albums - Beacon Roads Cycl... - BEACON COTSWO...

I found it with no trouble albeit already familiar with the M42/A435 junction. Did he/she return find it again at the end of the ride or is this weekend's fun and games to be a search for a lost "auk"? Your instructions to the HQ were very clear. Bones.  

The complainant claimed that the instructions leading to the HQ were unclear and responsible for the rider missing the start.  Aside from placing from large 'sportive' type waymark signs leading to the HQ from every junction within a 3 mile diameter, I am not sure what extra could have been done.

For our own satisfaction, it is useful just to double check that the instructions were clear, how the could be improved if at all, for next year. Thanks for the feed-back.

Organiser of Droitwich Cycling Club audaxes.  https://www.droitwichcyclingclub.co.uk/audax/

« Reply #31 on: 23 June, 2010, 12:25:03 pm »

D0m1n1c Burford

« Reply #32 on: 23 June, 2010, 02:11:53 pm »
Read my full ride report of the event

Cotswold Expedition 212km

Bones

• Oh dear!
« Reply #33 on: 23 June, 2010, 03:32:07 pm »
Good report, Dominic. If you went through the road block at Oxhill rather than taking the diversion around the village to the lane with those lovely cattle grids, you will have missed the most appropriate scarecrow of the lot. Some kids had built a scarecrow on a very old, sit up and beg style bike with a sign "they left me behind", which was accurate in my case :-)
There are no steep hills - just puny legs and the wrong gears :D

« Reply #34 on: 23 June, 2010, 03:54:49 pm »
A lot of effort had gone into those scarecrows.  Great fun.