General Category > On The Road

Interesting and Unusual Bikes You've Seen

(1/626) > >>

clarion:
I am a fan of the off-beat - vintage, recumbents, workbikes, and other alternatives.

If you've seen anything curious (i.e. not just another Trek hybrid in London ;D ), list it here - preferably with a photo.

NB:  This is not just a thread to discuss bling.  The old Triumph that that old woman pedals incredibly slowly across the village green every day is still Unusual and Interesting (well, it is to me|)

clarion:
First two from me (no photos I'm afraid :( ):

1.  Garratt Lane turning into Fountain Road.  I turned right into the road ahead of a bike turning left.  He passed me quite quickly, despite being an older bloke dressed in ordinary clothes.  Not a surprise, particularly - I've not been worrying any TT record holders today.  I noticed the man was riding an Airnimal - Chameleon, I think.  But it had a big rear hub, and something on top of the main tube.  It became apparent when he started to 'freewheel' - it had electric assist, which I thought was very interesting for a high-end folder.  He turned into the grounds of St Georges Hospital.

2.  Parked next to me at the Sheffield Stands east side of Tooting Broadway (OK, I didn't travel far today - what do you want - blood?).  A lichen green bike, with 531 stickers on the forks, and a mixture of Shimano components (RSX & Tiagra).  No head badge visible, and the rust was showing through the paint all over, but the conical seatstays looked pretty classy.  I'd resigned myself to not knowing what it was, when, from a distance, as the light caught it, I saw the faint remains of the lettering 'Witcomb'.  I smiled & rode away.

Jacomus:

Seen ages ago, but by far the most unusual bike I have seen out and about.

clarion:
Love those Flying Gates (not just cause Baines was a Bradford firm).  And TJ (Trevor Jarvis) is based near my parents' house.

Really really want one.

But...

but...

but...

...that colour scheme! :o

border-rider:
I dunno.  Interesting yes, but I've always felt they were just trying too hard to be interesting. 

;D

I'd prefer something a bit more understated meself. 

Good thread though

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version