Author Topic: When Teenage Meets Old Age  (Read 979 times)

Julian

• samoture
When Teenage Meets Old Age
« on: 21 February, 2011, 10:00:42 pm »
Anybody else see this?  I thought it would be a pile of crap (I was looking forward to it being a pile of crap) but it was actually quite touching.

Jacomus

• My favourite gender neutral pronoun is comrade
Re: When Teenage Meets Old Age
« Reply #1 on: 22 February, 2011, 04:34:55 pm »
Anybody else see this?  I thought it would be a pile of crap (I was looking forward to it being a pile of crap) but it was actually quite touching.

I watched it after reading a preview in the Standard on the train home. It was pretty touching but it did also show, but not point out, the common misconception that 'body doesn't fully function = brain doesn't fully function'

I must try to watch the next episode in the series.
"The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity." Amelia Earhart

« Reply #2 on: 22 February, 2011, 05:00:34 pm »
I thought it was very well done.

Personally I ended up bawling my eyes out before I knew it, because the old lady who thought the lad looked like Prince William looked just like my nan, and was acting just like she used to, too, all sweet and flirty-like. ('I'm putting you to bed now...' 'Ooh, aren't I lucky?!') Sob.  :'(

I wish more carers were like the woman who was training the lad called Jace I think it was - she seemed really good at getting him to empathise with the residents when he was feeling uncomfortable. She's the kind of person I'd want looking after me in my old age...

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #3 on: 26 February, 2011, 09:15:20 pm »
I'm watching this just now and really enjoying it. I like how they're taking the time to say what the older people did in their lives when they were younger. It's so easy to just see people as the old, frail person they are now and not realise that they've had lives as interesting and full as anyone currently young.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.