Author Topic: How did this Strava map appear?  (Read 2677 times)

How did this Strava map appear?
« on: 30 July, 2019, 08:24:08 pm »
I use an Amazfit Bip watch for logging and uploading my rides to Strava. A few weeks ago I did a ride where the resulting map on Strava appears to be colour coded to show  heart rate. It hasn't happened since and am wondering if this was Strava or my watches doing and how I might make it repeatable?
Most of the stuff I say is true because I saw it in a dream and I don't have the presence of mind to make up lies when I'm asleep.   Bryan Andreas

fuaran

• rothair gasta
Re: How did this Strava map appear?
« Reply #1 on: 30 July, 2019, 08:27:25 pm »
Did you have a rainbow emoji in the title? 🌈

« Reply #2 on: 30 July, 2019, 08:41:44 pm »
I did indeed and wondered if that may have been the cause. So do the colours on the track actually mean anything?
Most of the stuff I say is true because I saw it in a dream and I don't have the presence of mind to make up lies when I'm asleep.   Bryan Andreas

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #3 on: 30 July, 2019, 11:33:31 pm »
I did indeed and wondered if that may have been the cause. So do the colours on the track actually mean anything?

No - it just picks up certain phrases etc and uses that to decide on doing a colour coded track, eg "Pride" has the same effect
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #4 on: 30 July, 2019, 11:37:50 pm »
ahh, so that's what happened, I was wondering why my heart rate was indicated as red on the flattest section of the ride ;D

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #5 on: 30 July, 2019, 11:44:42 pm »
https://www.bikeradar.com/news/strava-pride-month/

Pointless pinkwashing?

It is reminiscent of the colour-coded output of eg. GPSVisualizer.

bludger

• Randonneur and bargain hunter
« Reply #6 on: 31 July, 2019, 10:16:49 am »
Two of my best mates are gay and they liked the Strava pride feature. These small 'gimmicks' added up together amount to a wider movement of celebration of pride. I enjoyed making my rainbow rides a lot.
YACF touring/audax bargain basement:
https://bit.ly/2Xg8pRD

Ban cars.

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #7 on: 12 September, 2019, 02:53:04 pm »
Two of my best mates are gay and they liked the Strava pride feature. These small 'gimmicks' added up together amount to a wider movement of celebration of pride. I enjoyed making my rainbow rides a lot.

Damn, wish I'd known it was a feature.

I am dubious about big companies who play lip service to the QUILTBAG community, seeing it as a way to make a quick buck, or pinkwash their appalling records.

See firms that have a boat at pride, but then also invest in countries that execute gay people, or have fired, or passed over for promotion gay people.

As a dyke I do love to see rainbows and the like, but a company has to be fully behind it, and not just be paying lip service to the topic.

Twitter and facebook are particularly bad about this one...

J
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/