Author Topic: Cambridge Autumnals  (Read 2807 times)

Cambridge Autumnals
« on: 17 October, 2020, 09:00:05 pm »
Thanks Nick for running this today. Nice route if a little wetter than expected, but I suppose i cannot blame you for that. Thanks the other Nick and Mike cor your company. I missed the cake at the finishbut Maglia Rosso was pretty good 2/3s of the way around.

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
Re: Cambridge Autumnals
« Reply #1 on: 17 October, 2020, 10:32:30 pm »
I always blame the organiser for everything from weather to sore legs. It makes me feel better and gives them a laugh.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

« Reply #2 on: 17 October, 2020, 11:49:50 pm »
Somehow I missed this. Really disappointed.

Pedal Castro

• so talented I can run with scissors - ouch!
    • Two beers or not two beers...
« Reply #3 on: 18 October, 2020, 04:59:33 am »
I always blame the organiser for everything from weather to sore legs. It makes me feel better and gives them a laugh.

Yes, clearly Nick snapped my gear cable just after Fram in order to convert me back to riding fixed!  ;D

« Reply #4 on: 18 October, 2020, 12:56:36 pm »
He did let you down though, in 2019 he laid on strong gales.

wilkyboy

• "nick" by any other name
    • 16-inch wheels
« Reply #5 on: 18 October, 2020, 02:36:11 pm »

Yes, the rain did make me laugh, as I thought to myself "that's more like it"  :demon: ;D

Fields on both events limited to 30 riders due to covid.  Zero DNS on the day (a few from the 100 decided that Essex@tier2 was too great a risk, as they are in the at-risk group, and so notified me beforehand).  Just one DNF on the 200 — turned right when he should've turned the-other-right and thus missed a control and 40km Suffolk countryside.

Lots of type-2 faces at the end — always a good sign  ;D

Last rider back at 9pm and Ben and I were eating takeaway by 9.30  :thumbsup:

I think next time I might wear thermals — it was really chilly standing around in the car park waiting for riders to return!
Lockdown lethargy. RRTY: wot's that? Can't remember if I'm on #8 or #9 ...

« Reply #6 on: 01 August, 2021, 10:10:13 pm »
Is this likely to be run this year?

wilkyboy

• "nick" by any other name
    • 16-inch wheels
« Reply #7 on: 02 August, 2021, 07:09:40 am »
Yes.  Just deciding on whether to chance running a hall or to keep it simple again, as has become de rigeur.  Hoping for third Saturday in October.
Lockdown lethargy. RRTY: wot's that? Can't remember if I'm on #8 or #9 ...