Author Topic: LWL20  (Read 8660 times)

stefan

• aka martin
Re: LWL20
« Reply #50 on: 21 September, 2019, 10:52:41 pm »
Well that was surprising  - Paul texted me at 0025 last night saying he'd had 125 entries.

So one of the entries just before 7am this morning was one of my entrants on their phone at the start line of the 200.

Yep - thanks for the tip-off! (and for organising a great event today)  :thumbsup:
Member no. 152 of La Société Adrian Hands

Manotea

• Where there is doubt...
« Reply #51 on: 21 September, 2019, 11:45:44 pm »
If you are a night owl you'd still be up at midnight.  If you are a lark you'd be getting up around 4am to 5am. Can't understand how it favours any particular group.
That's just with the hindsight that it was popular ... but not quite popular enough to sell-out by 5am. If demand had been higher, those awake (and with a decent web connection) at midnight would clearly be advantaged. And of course anyone who was sick, or on shift, etc etc might be out of luck too.

Ballots are a much better system, but of course they are more work for an organiser.

I've just closed the waiting list... The expectation is that most of those on the waiting list plus those who were promised a guaranteed spot last year will be offered the chance to ride, so overall the entry period extended over about 21hours. Having said that, ballots might be the way to go in future. We shall see.

Phil W

« Reply #52 on: 22 September, 2019, 03:41:03 pm »
Now added to rides I have entered in aukweb.

« Reply #53 on: 23 September, 2019, 01:24:08 am »
I've just closed the waiting list...

Drat! & fiddle sticks!

new owner has a lot to live up to though :-)
Garry Broad

telstarbox

• Loving the lanes
« Reply #54 on: 03 February, 2020, 04:11:02 pm »
Not too long to go now, and temperatures are on the up as well. How is everyone gearing up for the ride?
2019 🏅 R1000 and B1000

Phil W

« Reply #55 on: 03 February, 2020, 05:11:23 pm »
Yes only 3 months to go.

I’m just focusing on building fitness and working through my 200s and 300 first to see where I am at.

This was my very first 400 (as Severn Across) in 2013 so looking forward to riding again as a TLC version.

« Reply #56 on: 03 February, 2020, 05:51:51 pm »
Im on the waiting list, so not sure if I've a place at the moment, hope i hear soon ..

« Reply #57 on: 09 February, 2020, 09:33:04 pm »
I suspect Manotea will be gently reminding people that it's OK to DNS if they tell him now. In past years people have been pretty good at putting up the white flag in enough time for their places to be offered to someone off the waiting list...

Phil W

« Reply #58 on: 10 February, 2020, 02:47:51 pm »
Yep that email came out last week, with options to transfer to Ditchling Devil

« Reply #59 on: 10 February, 2020, 03:52:29 pm »
Looking forward to it.
I asked back in September, before entering in the equinox's early hours, and will enquire again:
"London Wales London is one of the premier 400k rides of AUK's year. May I enquire why LWL in 2020 is not BRM? I note the slight over distance (407km) at BR offers 8 more minutes (@15kph [minimum speed chosen by the organiser]) as opposed to 27 hours were it BRM."
Is there a reason this leading event on the AudaxUK calendar is not BRM? Or was it not ready to be put on the calendar on/in time? Not complaining, just asking. I'd be interested in the rationale.

iddu

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #60 on: 10 February, 2020, 10:11:01 pm »
Looking forward to it.
I asked back in September, before entering in the equinox's early hours, and will enquire again:
"London Wales London is one of the premier 400k rides of AUK's year. May I enquire why LWL in 2020 is not BRM? I note the slight over distance (407km) at BR offers 8 more minutes (@15kph [minimum speed chosen by the organiser]) as opposed to 27 hours were it BRM."
Is there a reason this leading event on the AudaxUK calendar is not BRM? Or was it not ready to be put on the calendar on/in time? Not complaining, just asking. I'd be interested in the rationale.

<OHO>
SA: Can't tell...
LA: The auditing of (top) section changes does not record enough to determine if type choice was altered post-clone / pre-ACP deadline - e.g. just saving the section w/o any changes would still indicate 'something' has taken place, even though no field content was altered; unless Paul has good memory then it is what it is at the moment...the assumption being one of the two noted section changes included change of type.
</OHO>
I'd offer you some moral support - but I have questionable morals.

Manotea

• Where there is doubt...
« Reply #61 on: 11 February, 2020, 12:15:50 am »
The actualite is rather lost in the mists of time; best to ascribe it to cockup rather than conspiracy.