Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Audax / Re: Audax UK Reunion
« Last post by alfapete on Today at 03:25:40 pm »
8th / 9th Of November
Aubrey Park Hotel - Hemel Hempstead

can see prices for rooms, but not prices for the reunion dinner itself. - £45 after going through the booking process

Sorry if that's not clear, will amend the form. Reunion Dinner is included with the Saturday night room booking, no need to make extra payment.
The Pub / Re: Tune Association II - Son of Tune Association
« Last post by rafletcher on Today at 03:14:11 pm »
The Lemon Song - Led Zeppelin
The Spy by Ajay Chowdury. Not (IMO) brilliantly written, and far far too much about the lead characters love-life vacillation, but a different (Muslim) perspective on things. Inconsequential but most of my reading matter is.
On The Road / Re: On the commute today
« Last post by fd3 on Today at 03:06:36 pm »
A many of incidences of e-motorbike-in-e-bike-clothing riders riding the wrong way up counterflow cycle lanes.
OT Knowledge / Re: Re: Dodgy multimeter? Battery testing
« Last post by Gattopardo on Today at 03:00:30 pm »
I have one of those el cheapo multimeters. It had been giving strange readings from my bike batteries for the last year, until last week I twisted the selector dial to the next range down, noticed and clicked it a notch back up again. Since then it's been perfect.  Now one swallow doth not a summer make, but I'd guess that the selector dials might be among the dodgiest components of such gadgets.

You see that the inside clicky thing is just a ball bearing and moves a contact on the dial on the circuit board.
Where The Wild Things Are / Re: What is your pet doing right now?*
« Last post by Flite on Today at 02:48:02 pm »
I think Zeppy finds a batch of dozy youngsters and nabs them one after the other.
She is quick and ruthless - I have the scars to prove it.
She also has hyperthesia, and is supposed to ingest medicine with her food twice a day which is tricky when she is stuffed full of rabbit. I have been known to crawl under the landrover to squirt a syringe full of medicine on a newly killed rabbit...
The Pub / Re: Your house rules
« Last post by Hot Flatus on Today at 02:44:48 pm »
Ok, the Bosch has crapped out.  What's the panel's current recommendation for a tactical ironing weapon?  Do any of them have IR laser targeting yet?

Can you not just pop it in the Corby Trouser Press?

Last used one of those in a(n) Harrogate hotel. After using it I discovered that the foam stuff was degrading and so stank of fish.

Luckily a(n) Harrogate Dry Cleaner could do the trousers in an hour.

Or someone had tried cooking some fish in it.

Not the plaice for it.

Maybe they just did it for the halibut.
The Pub / Re: Your house rules
« Last post by Hot Flatus on Today at 02:43:53 pm »
He who smelt it, dealt it.
Online quizzes / Re: Wordle
« Last post by Hot Flatus on Today at 02:38:41 pm »
Wordle 1,049 2/6

🟩🟨⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

#LeMOT 846 3/6

⬜🟦⬜🟧⬜
🟦⬜🟦🟧🟧
🟧🟧🟧🟧🟧
#LeMotLeJeu

https://www.solitaire-play.com/lemot/
On The Road / Re: 'War on Motorist'
« Last post by Jaded on Today at 02:31:47 pm »
The best way to restrict surpluses is for drivers to follow the rules.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10