Author Topic: Super-Twat  (Read 868999 times)

Re: Super-Twat
« Reply #4050 on: 20 November, 2020, 05:11:17 pm »
I genuinely thought JHB was a parody.

As for Lozza, he's the roadkill badger of the culture wars.
She's only an insensitive tweet or two away from Hatey Cockpins' level of insanity.
Rust never sleeps

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #4051 on: 20 November, 2020, 06:27:12 pm »
The examples of prime gammonella Julia Hartley-Brewer saying S-T-worthy Stuffs are innumerable and in a post-Panzers Down Whitehall world she will be unemployed, because we of the Democratic Ruthless Bastards Party will close down the Daily Fail and plough the ground with salt.  Plus she'll be in a Reëducation Camp anyway.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #4052 on: 20 November, 2020, 06:29:11 pm »
Then glad to see I'm adding grist to the mill
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

TheLurker

• Goes well with magnolia.
« Reply #4053 on: 20 November, 2020, 09:09:22 pm »
I'm puzzled by the absence of the world's bigliest WINNER LOSER from this thread. Have I missed a nomination?

Τα πιο όμορφα ταξίδια γίνονται με τις δικές μας δυνάμεις - Φίλοι του Ποδήλατου

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #4054 on: 20 November, 2020, 09:39:21 pm »
I'm puzzled by the absence of the world's bigliest WINNER LOSER from this thread. Have I missed a nomination?
He’s got a thread all of his own over in POBI.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

« Reply #4055 on: 21 November, 2020, 08:15:01 am »
Please keep it there.  With the likes of bozo, scummings, jhb, the CBE, Hancock, Fox, irritable bowel Smith, Raab, Fromage, Greasy-Smugg, hatey cockpins, etc., etc., etc., we really don't need an apocalyptic extra.  Do we?

« Reply #4056 on: 21 November, 2020, 03:54:04 pm »

There are 136 instances of 'Trump' in this thread, so unless you mean someone else, or I've badly misjudged snooker player Judd Trump, I suspect you have.

TheLurker

• Goes well with magnolia.
« Reply #4057 on: 21 November, 2020, 04:02:50 pm »
Quote from: Nuncio
Quote from: TheLurker

There are 136 instances of '{name redacted for reasons of good taste}' in this thread...
One meant recently, but as I didn't make that obvious I will accept the reprimand without demur.  However, as PB asked nicely, I'm going to say no more about {NRFROGT}.
Τα πιο όμορφα ταξίδια γίνονται με τις δικές μας δυνάμεις - Φίλοι του Ποδήλατου

« Reply #4058 on: 21 November, 2020, 07:18:03 pm »
 :thumbsup:

« Reply #4059 on: 27 November, 2020, 05:16:24 pm »
The green party councilors in York who have opposed 5g installations in the city, on the grounds that '5G is bad for health'.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
« Reply #4060 on: 03 December, 2020, 10:49:16 am »
Gavin Williamson, education secretary, channeling Flanders and Swan

The education secretary, Gavin Williamson, has claimed the UK was the first country in the world to clinically approve a coronavirus vaccine because the country has “much better” scientists than France, Belgium or the US.

Williamson said he was not surprised the UK was the first to roll out the immunisation because “we’re a much better country than every single one of them”.
Linky to The Guardian
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/dec/03/gavin-williamson-britains-a-much-better-country-than-all-of-them
There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)

« Reply #4061 on: 03 December, 2020, 11:01:52 am »

The education secretary, Gavin Williamson, has claimed the UK was the first country in the world to clinically approve a coronavirus vaccine because the country has “much better” scientists than France, Belgium or the US.

Williamson said he was not surprised the UK was the first to roll out the immunisation because “we’re a much better country than every single one of them”.
Linky to The Guardian
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/dec/03/gavin-williamson-britains-a-much-better-country-than-all-of-them

That's right up there in 'My Dad's bigger than your Dad' territory  ::-)

« Reply #4062 on: 03 December, 2020, 11:14:55 am »
Didn't Russia approve their vaccine a long time before anybody else?

Williamson is a total and utter super mega twat.  What bit of this vaccine is actually British?

« Reply #4063 on: 03 December, 2020, 11:17:34 am »
Education, strewth.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

« Reply #4064 on: 03 December, 2020, 11:33:28 am »
Reading around the subject I see that Australia which has bought into the same vaccine is not prepared to rush in and says that they will have the benefit of the full data analysis and real life data from the UK's rollout.

PR maybe but it highlights that we are rushing in not fully enlightened.  And then we have super twats like Hancock and Williamson doing their "England is best because ..." bollox.

I hope that our rush for glory doesn't prove to be rash and foolish.

ian

« Reply #4065 on: 03 December, 2020, 12:37:57 pm »
Reading around the subject I see that Australia which has bought into the same vaccine is not prepared to rush in and says that they will have the benefit of the full data analysis and real life data from the UK's rollout.

PR maybe but it highlights that we are rushing in not fully enlightened.  And then we have super twats like Hancock and Williamson doing their "England is best because ..." bollox.

From my understanding, we revised our approach to this so some of the data could be compared in parallel, which perhaps isn't a bad thing. Totally unrelated to the EU, of course, since we always could do this. The data is comprehensive, the trial large, with no significant reported adverse events. It's unlikely it won't get approved by other regulators.

The Russian vaccine hasn't been through a proper phase III trial – that's scheduled to run to April/May 2021. The Russians just went ahead and approved it. Now that is rash, no one really knows how well it works and the potential for adverse events.

This all reminds me that, no matter how you dress it up, this sort of petty nationalism leaves a bad taste. Thinking (a long way) back, in the last lab I worked in was in the US, my co-conspirator was German, I shared an office with a French woman, and we had students and post-docs from the US, South Korea, Finland, China, and an Indian via Nigeria (the US has more recently considerable step back by implementing visa quotas). This ought to be a salutary reminder that borders are impediments to progress.

« Reply #4066 on: 03 December, 2020, 02:09:36 pm »
I agree the Russian vaccine has not been properly tested as confirmed by Vladimir refusing to be vaccinated.  He's just a superior specimen like chumpie I guess ...

Our Regulator has emergency powers (granted by law in 2012) to allow the use of medicines in extreme circumstances before the full process is completed.  The data has not been fully collected and analysed still but, and I suspect in a political move as oppose to an expedient one, it's use has been allowed.  Interestingly, the US has similar powers and yet they have not approved any vaccines by this process.  Other nations prefer to wait for completion before ratification.

As I say, I really want a vaccine to be effective but what I don't want is yet more suffering and hand-wringing and blame and even further division in our society for the sake of political games.   The stakes are just too high.

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #4067 on: 03 December, 2020, 02:37:00 pm »

From my understanding, we revised our approach to this so some of the data could be compared in parallel, which perhaps isn't a bad thing. Totally unrelated to the EU, of course, since we always could do this. The data is comprehensive, the trial large, with no significant reported adverse events. It's unlikely it won't get approved by other regulators.

The Russian vaccine hasn't been through a proper phase III trial – that's scheduled to run to April/May 2021. The Russians just went ahead and approved it. Now that is rash, no one really knows how well it works and the potential for adverse events.

This all reminds me that, no matter how you dress it up, this sort of petty nationalism leaves a bad taste. Thinking (a long way) back, in the last lab I worked in was in the US, my co-conspirator was German, I shared an office with a French woman, and we had students and post-docs from the US, South Korea, Finland, China, and an Indian via Nigeria (the US has more recently considerable step back by implementing visa quotas). This ought to be a salutary reminder that borders are impediments to progress.

That old chestnut of effective collaboration! I wish!
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #4068 on: 03 December, 2020, 04:46:43 pm »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-55175162

Gavin Williamson.  Just the sort of knob-end you need to open his cretinous mouth at the critical stages of the Brexit negotiation.  If I were Barnier, I'd have told us to FRO and gone home.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
« Reply #4069 on: 03 December, 2020, 04:47:51 pm »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-55175162

Gavin Williamson.  Just the sort of knob-end you need to open his cretinous mouth at the critical stages of the Brexit negotiation.  If I were Barnier, I'd have told us to FRO and gone home.
I said that up there ^, earlier today.
There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #4070 on: 03 December, 2020, 04:50:12 pm »
Oh well, worth saying again as he's such a twat  ;)
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

« Reply #4071 on: 03 December, 2020, 04:54:02 pm »
Williamson is clearly looking to become the poster boy for the alt-right ERG faction of the UK Fascist Party, er I mean the tories for when the next round of "hang the leader, vote a new puppet in" comes around.   So, that's Sunak and Williamson with their hats in the ring to be the next tory leader. 

« Reply #4072 on: 03 December, 2020, 05:01:51 pm »
Come on lads, be fair, there's a complete dearth of talent in there.

Will a new hopelessly incompetent leader really make any difference ?
Rust never sleeps

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #4073 on: 03 December, 2020, 07:12:39 pm »

Linky to The Guardian

I just saw this on C4 news.  The fireplace salesman and über-Gammon Nick Ferrari.  At first I thought it was Steve Coogan taking the piss.

Is he really the best this panoply of prats can come up with?  The twat.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)