Author Topic: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series  (Read 1717959 times)

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
Re: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series
« Reply #14350 on: 08 February, 2020, 08:27:19 am »
Just looking at the forward planning calendar (to add in the beer festival) and this is what's coming up:
12 Feb - Cats
19 Feb - Chelmsford Winter Beer Fest
26 Feb - Best of the West tap takeover at The OT
4 Mar - 3 Horseshoes Duuuuuuuuton Hill
11 Mar - Hurdlemakers
18 Mar - Leather Bottle
25 Mar - The Cricketers, Danbury

Good work  :thumbsup:  Did you see my post on FB and about the Something & Something on Mersea having new management.  Worth a visit?

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #14351 on: 08 February, 2020, 09:37:03 am »
Certainly when the weather improves
Regards,

Joergen

Oscar's dad

« Reply #14352 on: 10 February, 2020, 06:20:40 pm »
This Wednesday The Current Mrs R is out and about so I have been informed I need to fend for myself. Does anyone fancy meeting up for something to eat before we set off for The Cats?

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #14353 on: 10 February, 2020, 06:26:25 pm »
This Wednesday The Current Mrs R is out and about so I have been informed I need to fend for myself. Does anyone fancy meeting up for something to eat before we set off for The Cats?

Depends on what I am up to during the day.... but might be up for it..
Regards,

Joergen

Oscar's dad

« Reply #14354 on: 11 February, 2020, 05:53:22 pm »
I have prepared a suggested route to The Cats for the Witham peloton.  CLICKY HERE.

Anyone else up for a something to eat before we set off?

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #14355 on: 11 February, 2020, 08:11:41 pm »
I'll be out tomorrow evening, heading straight there.  :thumbsup: About 20 miles each way.

« Reply #14356 on: 11 February, 2020, 08:34:21 pm »
I'll be out tomorrow evening, heading straight there.  :thumbsup: About 2 miles each way.
Proving ambition is undone by ability since 1958...

BFC

• ACME Wheelwright and Bike Fettler
« Reply #14357 on: 11 February, 2020, 09:36:53 pm »
I'll be working tomorrow night, and next Wednesday.

BFC

• ACME Wheelwright and Bike Fettler
« Reply #14358 on: 11 February, 2020, 10:30:21 pm »
I have prepared a suggested route to The Cats for the Witham peloton.  CLICKY HERE.

Road at Hoe Mill Lock is closed (approx 41Km), but there is a footpath/verge that is passable with care, but muddy in places.

« Reply #14359 on: 12 February, 2020, 12:05:30 pm »

Road at Hoe Mill Lock is closed (approx 41Km), but there is a footpath/verge that is passable with care, but muddy in places.

I can confirm it is VERY MUDDY - I fell off last time there, but then my off road skills aren't too good.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #14360 on: 12 February, 2020, 12:22:27 pm »

I can confirm it is VERY MUDDY - I fell off last time there, but then my off road skills aren't too good.

We can get off and walk over the bridge, its a matter of just a few yards  :thumbsup:

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #14361 on: 12 February, 2020, 12:23:52 pm »

We can get off and walk over the bridge, its a matter of just a few yards  :thumbsup:
Can we be sure that Wally won't have got bored and gone to bed by the time we arrive about 9:30??
And is it okay if I finish my ride at home and not at Automative Services off Terling Road  ::-)
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

Oscar's dad

« Reply #14362 on: 12 February, 2020, 12:32:31 pm »
We can send GS ahead to make sure Wally doesn't close early.  Or should I phone them now to let them know?

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #14363 on: 12 February, 2020, 01:01:13 pm »
We can send GS ahead to make sure Wally doesn't close early.  Or should I phone them now to let them know?
I'm not sure any telegraph apparatus has been installed in the Cats, sounds far too modern for Wally!

Oscar's dad

« Reply #14364 on: 12 February, 2020, 02:14:14 pm »
I'm not sure any telegraph apparatus has been installed in the Cats, sounds far too modern for Wally!

Many a nearly true word said in jest...

The number given by Google is clearly a virtual number which Wally has yet to adopt so I wasn't able to get through.  So let's wing it and hope for the best.   If GS can get there a bit earlier and let Wally know we're heading his way then all the betterer.

The Cats does have a toe in the 21st century as there's a Facebook page.  Who knew?

« Reply #14365 on: 12 February, 2020, 02:25:07 pm »

The number given by Google is clearly a virtual number which Wally has yet to adopt so I wasn't able to get through.  So let's wing it and hope for the best.   If GS can get there a bit earlier and let Wally know we're heading his way then all the betterer.

The Cats does have a toe in the 21st century as there's a Facebook page.  Who knew?

Happy to take one for the team and get there before 9.00pm ;)

Oscar's dad

« Reply #14366 on: 12 February, 2020, 02:27:38 pm »

Happy to take one for the team and get there before 9.00pm ;)

Good man  :thumbsup:

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #14367 on: 12 February, 2020, 04:05:39 pm »
Anyone up for dinner at 'spoons Maldon tonight??
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #14368 on: 12 February, 2020, 04:35:51 pm »
Ah there's a picture of my first ever ride out with witham cycling is a little way down the cats FB page

Oscar's dad

« Reply #14369 on: 12 February, 2020, 05:16:52 pm »
Anyone up for dinner at 'spoons Maldon tonight??

Go then, as per our Messenger chat.  I'll set off from Witham at about 7pm if anyone fancies tagging along.

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #14370 on: 12 February, 2020, 06:08:07 pm »
I've discovered a severe bout of CBA this evening so won't be putting in an appearance at the Cats, or at the roundabout.  I suspect this CBA is probably infectious to anyone north of the roundabout so is likely to affect AndyC33333333 too.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #14371 on: 12 February, 2020, 06:19:03 pm »
I've discovered a severe bout of CBA this evening so won't be putting in an appearance at the Cats, or at the roundabout.  I suspect this CBA is probably infectious to anyone north of the roundabout so is likely to affect AndyC33333333 too.

Does this mean we can talk about you behind your back and volunteer you for stuff?

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #14372 on: 12 February, 2020, 06:32:51 pm »

Does this mean we can talk about you behind your back and volunteer you for stuff?
yes and no

Oscar's dad

« Reply #14373 on: 18 February, 2020, 09:46:15 am »
Regarding tomorrow evening's sojourn to KEGs for the winter beer fest.  The route library offers THIS SUGGESTION.

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #14374 on: 18 February, 2020, 09:58:36 am »
I think papermill lock might require a scuba kit?
Regards,

Joergen