Author Topic: Arctic Race of Norway  (Read 2553 times)

eck

• Gonna ride my bike until I get home...
    • Angus Bike Chain CC
Arctic Race of Norway
« on: 14 August, 2014, 05:33:17 pm »
If you get the chance, try to see today's stage of the Arctic Race of Norway. The route was stunning: it finished at Nordkapp - imagine a combination of the NW of Scotland and the Lecht - Cairnwell section of the Snow Roads.... on steroids! (It's on Eurosport 2 later)
It's a bit weird, but actually quite wonderful.

essexian

Re: Arctic Race of Norway
« Reply #1 on: 14 August, 2014, 06:22:43 pm »
If you get the chance, try to see today's stage of the Arctic Race of Norway. The route was stunning: it finished at Nordkapp - imagine a combination of the NW of Scotland and the Lecht - Cairnwell section of the Snow Roads.... on steroids! (It's on Eurosport 2 later)

This.  :thumbsup:

Despite knowing I never will be fit enough, I so want to do that road on a bike.

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
« Reply #2 on: 14 August, 2014, 07:34:00 pm »
I believe hellymedic has been in that neck of the woods on a bike in years past. Sadly I never made it past Tromsø, and not far out of Oslo with a bike.
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

« Reply #3 on: 14 August, 2014, 09:21:02 pm »
It did look a good place to ride a bike.

Salvatore was considering changing his plans when he crossed over from Sweden to Finland last month, so as to visit Norkapp.  But it would have been an extra few 100kms and may have put his start in the German ride in doubt.  And I think there northward bit would have been into a polar headwind.

Salvatore

• Джон Спунър
    • Pics
« Reply #4 on: 17 August, 2023, 04:47:18 pm »
Started today.

If they started in Alta, and followed tomorrow's (red) route until it met Sunday's (yellow) stage, it would be 100% on the route I rode in 2016. It looks like they go through the 7km Nordkapptunnelen

And this bit of tundra

et avec John, excellent lecteur de road-book, on s'en est sortis sans erreur