Author Topic: 9Bar bars  (Read 2799 times)

9Bar bars
« on: 17 August, 2012, 12:00:08 pm »
Bought some of these from Tesco last night, on a whim. Veggie seed bars with a Carob "choclate" topping. very yummy.

http://www.9-bar.co.uk/9-bar-shop/index.asp

If not THAT healthy - 225kCal / 40g bar - but wheat/gluten/dairy free. And nut free unless yiou get the peanut ones.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

Re: 9Bar bars
« Reply #1 on: 17 August, 2012, 12:02:27 pm »
I absolutely love these. But no, they are not 'healthy', just very tasty :)

plum

« Reply #2 on: 17 August, 2012, 12:27:12 pm »
Are they aware that a 9 bar is the standard unit of weight for buying ganja? to be precise the resin called soap bar is so named because it comes in cellophane wrapped bars roughly the size and shape of a large bar of soap. Each weighs 9 ounces because that is roughly 250g, or 1/4 of a kilogram. Almost all weed, even the green stuff, is sold in 9 bar weights because of this. Every child over age about 10 knows this, very odd way to promote your product.

Perhaps the late night munchies market is the niche they're trying to tap into.

fuaran

• rothair gasta
« Reply #3 on: 17 August, 2012, 01:27:57 pm »
Well, those 9Bars contain hemp seeds. And their logo features a hemp leaf...

They also all contain honey, if you care about that.

Gandalf

• Each snowflake in an avalanche pleads not guilty
« Reply #4 on: 18 August, 2012, 05:48:53 am »
They are supposed to be bringing out a vegan version soon, apparently.

AndyK

« Reply #5 on: 18 August, 2012, 08:43:21 am »
Coincidentally, in today's news.

Cereal bars: Healthy image a myth - Which?

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #6 on: 18 August, 2012, 08:46:09 pm »

Surprise, surprise! To make a CAEK or biscuit-like confection tasty, you need lots of fat or sugar or both in the recipe; who would have thunk it??!!

Si_Co

« Reply #7 on: 18 August, 2012, 08:51:27 pm »

Surprise, surprise! To make a CAEK or biscuit-like confection tasty, you need lots of fat or sugar or both in the recipe; who would have thunk it??!!

Shock, horror nuts are fat rich  ::-)

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #8 on: 18 August, 2012, 08:54:55 pm »

Shock horror! Sesame seeds even richer in fat!

Rhys W

• I'm single, bilingual
    • Cardiff Ajax
« Reply #9 on: 18 August, 2012, 11:59:47 pm »
Are they aware that a 9 bar is the standard unit of weight for buying ganja? to be precise the resin called soap bar is so named because it comes in cellophane wrapped bars roughly the size and shape of a large bar of soap. Each weighs 9 ounces because that is roughly 250g, or 1/4 of a kilogram.

9 ounces is a serious amount of resin isn't it? I mean, like dealer quantities?

Anyway, that's reminded me of "Soap Bar" by Goldie Lookin' Chain, which can only be a good thing.  8)

AndyK

« Reply #10 on: 19 August, 2012, 12:03:55 am »
Are they aware that a 9 bar is the standard unit of weight for buying ganja? to be precise the resin called soap bar is so named because it comes in cellophane wrapped bars roughly the size and shape of a large bar of soap. Each weighs 9 ounces because that is roughly 250g, or 1/4 of a kilogram.

Anyway, that's reminded me of "Soap Bar" by Goldie Lookin' Chain, which can only be a good thing.  8)

It isn't that much. When I used to partake, many moons ago, I would buy two ounces of solid usually red leb or putty black, to last me two weeks.

plum

« Reply #11 on: 19 August, 2012, 09:14:44 am »

Yeah, it's a very small dealer amount. Very minor retailers might buy half bars but that's mainly the likes of kids or students sharing a buy.

Yes, an awesome tune.

« Reply #12 on: 21 August, 2012, 11:16:56 pm »

Shock horror! Sesame seeds even richer in fat!

I knew nuts were fat rich but didn't realise sesame seeds were, let alone higher. Learn something new everyday.

ETA: Though the fact we have sesame oil in the cupboard should have given it away. Numpty
Miles cycled 2014 = 3551.5 (Target 7300 :()
Miles cycled 2013 = 6141.4
Miles cycled 2012 = 4038.1