Author Topic: Hub Gear Repairs  (Read 866 times)

Hub Gear Repairs
« on: 22 September, 2010, 01:40:35 pm »
I have a low mileage, SRAM Dual Drive 3x7 hub that is faulty. At the minimum, some pawl springs are broken.
Can anybody recommend somebody that I can send the wheel to who can service the hub and get the necessary spare parts, please?
I don't mind if it is a shop or a competent individual.
Cheers
Never knowingly under caffeinated

Re: Hub Gear Repairs
« Reply #1 on: 23 September, 2010, 12:26:14 pm »
Austin at Roman Road Cycles in Wales may be able to help, you could give him a call:_

Roman Road
Nuns, no sense of humour

« Reply #2 on: 23 September, 2010, 03:36:13 pm »
Austin at Roman Road Cycles in Wales may be able to help, you could give him a call:_

Roman Road

Thank you for your help.

That's the second time today that name has come up, however I posted the wheel to Bicycle Workshop of London W11 first thing this morning. They tell me they are experienced with these hubs and he sounded like a nice fellow on the phone.
Cheers

« Reply #3 on: 11 October, 2010, 11:37:50 am »
Bicycle Workshop were recommended to me for possibly neded work on my Brompton Sturmey Archer 5 speed.

I'd be interested to know how you get on with them.

« Reply #4 on: 11 October, 2010, 01:08:57 pm »
Bicycle Workshop were recommended to me for possibly neded work on my Brompton Sturmey Archer 5 speed.

I'd be interested to know how you get on with them.

I'll let you know. As yet, I sent it on the 23rd Sept and they haven't looked at it yet. They did, however, warn me that they were booked with repairs until mid November and that they do stuff in the order it comes in. Last Thursday there were two jobs in front of mine.
I'm worrying slightly because I am starting to think the Brompton ride is normal. That's a sure sign that I need my Dahon back on the road  ;)