Author Topic: Little Shed  (Read 2851 times)

Little Shed
« on: 03 August, 2022, 08:56:19 pm »
That's my affectionate name for my new Helinox Royal Box.

Not cheap but it will allow me to sit outside on sunny days in my Chair One and pass the time of day with fellow campers.

It went up in about fifteen minutes after a rookie mistake for my first erection.  ☺️  Next time it'll take five minutes tops.

First outing is for Not The Mad Hatter's Tea Party on Friday afternoon.  A friend of ours has a birthday and a few of us are picnicing in the park.  👍

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
Re: Little Shed
« Reply #1 on: 04 August, 2022, 10:33:21 am »
Royal Box? Is this a toilet tent?  :D
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #2 on: 04 August, 2022, 12:12:51 pm »
It's not the Throne Room ...   ;D

« Reply #3 on: 04 August, 2022, 10:15:08 pm »
Royal Box? Is this a toilet tent?  :D
It's a lightweight (ish) version of one of those open front shelters that fishermen use.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #4 on: 04 August, 2022, 10:32:19 pm »
https://helinox.eu/products/new-royal-box

Looks good, but I'm suspicious that it might double as a kite, if the wind turns the wrong way...

« Reply #5 on: 05 August, 2022, 06:44:11 am »
https://helinox.eu/products/new-royal-box

Looks good, but I'm suspicious that it might double as a kite, if the wind turns the wrong way...

Well, it also has wings which make this even more likely.   The two ends can roll up or be pulled out and secured with already attached guy lines, two for each wing.  There are four very nice but incredibly small V pegs supplied. 

The webbing around the base into which the poles are secured also has a pull loop at each corner.

It is my plan to use more substantial Y pegs at the corners of the base and to peg out the wings with should they be deployed.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #6 on: 05 August, 2022, 11:37:25 am »
A peg upgrade is rarely a bad idea...   :thumbsup: