Author Topic: A random thread for small things that don't really warrant a thread of their own  (Read 3009671 times)

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

I’m glad I’m not a football fan. Father & son colleagues at work are going to Madrid.  All flights from UK booked or insane prices, so it’s Eurostar to Brussels & then fly from there.   All hotels in Madrid are fully booked or insane prices so they’re renting a house in Segovia 50 miles away for the weekend.
They haven’t even got tickets for the match.... hoping to score some on the day.
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

andytheflyer

• Andytheex-flyer.....
I’m glad I’m not a football fan. Father & son colleagues at work are going to Madrid.  All flights from UK booked or insane prices, so it’s Eurostar to Brussels & then fly from there.   All hotels in Madrid are fully booked or insane prices so they’re renting a house in Segovia 50 miles away for the weekend.
They haven’t even got tickets for the match.... hoping to score some on the day.
They have it bad in Liverpool...……….

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
I'm glad I'm not a sportsball fan, too.

Particularly the other $Euro Cup. Baku? really...?
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

And to think the Liverpool fans had an extra day to book all the flights before the Spurs fans knew they were going. Surely it would have made more sense to host both matches in the UK. Liverpool v Spurs shouldn't be at Wembley as that has been Spurs home ground this season so Cardiff or Old Trafford would do. Chelsea Arsenal should be at Wembley.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
And to think the Liverpool fans had an extra day to book all the flights before the Spurs fans knew they were going. Surely it would have made more sense to host both matches in the UK. Liverpool v Spurs shouldn't be at Wembley as that has been Spurs home ground this season so Cardiff or Old Trafford would do. Chelsea Arsenal should be at Wembley.
And the Forest Green Rovers v Tranmere play off should be moved to Madrid!
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
A new journalistic measure: the "balloon a minute."
According to Westminster council, an idling car produces enough exhaust emissions to fill 150 balloons a minute.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Edd

A new journalistic measure: the "balloon a minute."
According to Westminster council, an idling car produces enough exhaust emissions to fill 150 balloons a minute.

So about the same rate of emissions as Boris Johnson then?

hellymedic

• Just do it!
I believe one of my brothers spent £LOTS travelling to Amsterdam for some kick-ball contest.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
I believe one of my brothers spent £LOTS travelling to Amsterdam for some kick-ball contest.

Miss von Brandenburg once spent £LOTS to go to a gig in Hamburg.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
I know I like purple, but, OMG, my eyes!
https://www.velovixen.com/primal-unicorn-jersey
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Hmmm. Anyone know what the cut on Primal jerseys is like? Regarding someone very much lacking boobage.
Miles cycled 2014 = 3551.5 (Target 7300 :()
Miles cycled 2013 = 6141.4
Miles cycled 2012 = 4038.1

Mrs Pingu

• Twitter
There are boobs in my Primal jerseys but they are a) several yrs old and b) all in fat bastid size.

Mrs Pingu

• Twitter
I like that the unicorn has a glass of wine, but why the fangs?

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse

Vampire unicorn? Are you sure that's wine?

ETA: Having looked again, barakta and I conclude that it's a hippo with lipstick ...dressed up as a unicorn?

ian

It's true, blood is best served in a wine glass.

Even in a Wetherspoons.

Vampire unicorn? Are you sure that's wine?

ETA: Having looked again, barakta and I conclude that it's a hippo with lipstick ...dressed up as a unicorn?

Has someone been reading Charlie ?   https://www.tor.com/2013/09/24/equoid/                  https://thelaundryfiles.fandom.com/wiki/Equoid
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

Mrs Pingu

• Twitter
God no, those vampires were much too svelte, sexy & cosmopolitan.

I know I like purple, but, OMG, my eyes!
https://www.velovixen.com/primal-unicorn-jersey

Even I couldn't wear that (and I have a My Little Pony T shirt, so that's saying something...).

TBH, I'm sick of all this unicorn nonsense. They're on everything.

Re: Primal jerseys, I had one once and found the sizing quite generous - I didn't particularly find the cut very good, though (as an average-sized type person), and the sleeves are really short, which I don't like. I think it went to the charity shop.

Mrs Pingu

• Twitter
I was planning to do some stuff today but thus far all I've managed is to go to body pump and empty the contents of the vacuum cleaner all over my feet.  ::-)
Busy being a cat bed for felines that say it's too rainy to go outside, wusses.

Mrs Pingu

• Twitter
Also, speaking of purple. I had to buy a 2nd hand cyclone assembly for my elderly vacuum cleaner produced by a frothing brexiter. Due to not being able to buy them new any more I had to buy a white cyclone instead of the purple one I originally had. Bah.

lou boutin

• Les chaussures sont ma vie.
I looked after my next door neighbour's dog last evening and through the night, my neighbour's daughter went into labour.  I enjoyed looking after the dog and my next door neighbour now has a (not so) little grandson. ;D

SoreTween

• Most of me survived the Pennine Bridleway.
For two weeks the telly out here has been excitedly advertising a safe for work cut of Deadpool 2. That'll be short I thought. I just watched the start, the Japanese sex trafficker slaughter at the start lasted about 4 seconds. They didn't even try to stitch the Dolly Parton track together. Why am I tempted to switch it on and watch more? Why?
2023 targets: Survive. Maybe.
There is only one infinite resource in this universe; human stupidity.

ian

For two weeks the telly out here has been excitedly advertising a safe for work cut of Deadpool 2. That'll be short I thought. I just watched the start, the Japanese sex trafficker slaughter at the start lasted about 4 seconds. They didn't even try to stitch the Dolly Parton track together. Why am I tempted to switch it on and watch more? Why?

I don't understand – surely the point of Deadpool is that's it violent, rude, and splendidly juvenile? What next, a version of John Wick where he sternly lectures the bad guys on their life choices?

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
The oddest thing has happened. Our wheelybin disappeared about 3 weeks ago. Peli posted on a local Facebook site asking if anyone had seen it, easy to spot our number on it and some paint I spilled on it when I used it a stand. Peli asked the council today about paying for a new bin and someone has already bought one for us! Mystery bin-buyer!
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit