Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Arts and Entertainment / Re: What are you streaming at the moment…
« Last post by T42 on Today at 01:26:37 pm »
I've been chugging my way through the Chinese series.

Where are you finding it?  I'm using a Chinese YT channel but they put in the TV adverts.
The Pub / Re: Tune Association
« Last post by CAMRAMan on Today at 01:24:33 pm »
Confusion - The Electric Light Orchestra
The Pub / Re: Little Eye On The Crazy World Of Foreigners
« Last post by T42 on Today at 01:23:09 pm »
Lassie on the train from Paris to Quimper couldn't keep quiet about the kilo of heroin she was carrying.  Unfortunately, one of the people within earshot was a gendarme.

Turned out she hadn't paid for her ticket either.

https://www.sudouest.fr/faits-divers/elle-transporte-plus-d-un-kilo-d-heroine-dans-le-train-et-s-en-vante-a-un-autre-voyageur-gendarme-de-profession-19108418.php
« Last post by spesh on Today at 12:46:42 pm »
He's a Woman - She's a Man ~ The Scorpions
The Pub / Re: Little Eye On The Crazy World Of Foreigners
« Last post by Kim on Today at 12:33:41 pm »
Hedgehogs feature in this impressive list of Hungarian vulgarities:

https://www.thepoke.com/2023/03/17/hungarians-top-the-global-insult-leaderboard/

I was expecting something more Pratchett-esque.
« Last post by Robh on Today at 12:26:58 pm »
Girls and Boys - Blur
« Last post by Mr Larrington on Today at 12:20:23 pm »
The Saturday Boy ~ Billy Bragg
Shōgun, on Disney. It is really very good, so far. Planning to binge the rest of it over the next few evenongs.
Audax / Re: Steady lights on on calendar events - resolution for AUK AGM
« Last post by Kim on Today at 12:08:33 pm »
I still have a couple of those PlanetX Superflash clones in regular (though not heavy) use.  Admittedly with a strategic elastic band to stop anyone wanting to nick them the front half ejecting when I fail to avoid a pothole.  There's also a real Smart one somewhere which got removed from the Red Baron to when I replaced the rear rack with a tailbox.

My Radbot1000 (which is a better-engineered functional equivalent to the Smart that also uses the same brackets, and must be about 10 years old) has just been transplanted to my new Streetmachine, on the basis that I came up with a suspension-friendly bracket bodge and didn't want to have to change it.  It only gets switched on for night riding and shite weather, but it's been on the bike for thousands of miles without trouble.  That one's notable for introducing a sinusoidal throb mode as an alternative to hard flashing, which I reckon is a good compromise between attention-getting and melting the BRANEZ of following riders.  Sort of thing that makes sense if you're not riding in a group per se, but expect other cyclists to be around.

My primary rear lighting is rack-mounted dynamo lights like dog intended.  Mostly from B&M.  Notable not just because it's a steady light, but that it consistently points in the right direction.  Partially-arsed light attachment (bouncing around on soft luggage loops, seatstay mounted and aimed at low-flying aircraft / into the eyes of following riders) can be as problematic as actual flashing modes IME.
Arts and Entertainment / Re: What are you streaming at the moment…
« Last post by Kim on Today at 11:54:08 am »
I've been chugging my way through the Chinese series.  It's a *lot* more faithful to the book, to the point of being set in 2007 (Windows Vista and all),
(click to show/hide)

I was curious to see how the Cultural Revolution would be portrayed...

You've got to change mental gear to "Chinese TV series", which took me the first couple of episodes.  Mostly in terms of over-acting and use of music, though the portrayal of westerners is always amusing.  It's somewhere between Anime and Korean Action Movie with just a hint of Bollywood.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10