Author Topic: Weird/funny dreams you've had  (Read 146262 times)

clarion

• Tyke
Re: Weird/funny dreams you've had
« Reply #550 on: 12 February, 2016, 03:16:33 pm »
Last night I dreamed I put on a gig in a building on a larger estate.  There was lots of demand, but, for some reason, the people on the gate forgot to sell tickets, then desperately tried to get people already inside to cough up.  Anyway, the ska fans (The Beat was one of the bands playing - I addressed them as The Specials once, but I think I got away with it) roamed round the grounds, and got tangled up with tours of the stately home. 

But it was a great gig, and I got to introduce the bands, saying something along the lines of, 'This is my Maze, this is my Leadmill, this is my Duchess!' before bringing them on stage.

Yes, it was very detailed, yes, it may have been influenced by what was on R4X in the night (I haven't checked), and, yes, it went on for a long time.

Probably most fun gig I've ever had in my dreams. :D
Getting there...

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #551 on: 12 February, 2016, 03:56:22 pm »
23 pages of dreams and pretty much an absence of weird sexual stuff. Missed the incest, sodomy, fetishism, repressed homosexual yearnings etc and animal sex that is fairly normal dream topics. Must be something to do with cycling, or editing.
I can't believe YACF dreams are actually as dull and vanilla as this thread suggests. But I wouldn't post my actual dreams here either.

There was one last night involving a former flatmate named Juliet but I woke up just as it was starting to get interesting chiz.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #552 on: 12 February, 2016, 05:39:27 pm »
23 pages of dreams and pretty much an absence of weird sexual stuff. Missed the incest, sodomy, fetishism, repressed homosexual yearnings etc and animal sex that is fairly normal dream topics. Must be something to do with cycling, or editing.
I can't believe YACF dreams are actually as dull and vanilla as this thread suggests. But I wouldn't post my actual dreams here either.

There was one last night involving a former flatmate named Juliet but I woke up just as it was starting to get interesting chiz.

I tend to wake up as my dreams get interesting to , bah!.☺
the slower you go the more you see

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #553 on: 22 February, 2016, 04:58:29 pm »
My last one was all done in the style of Far Side - drawn, colours etc. Sadly I can't remember what it was about. It is also a bit weird that I haven't read Far Side for a long time.
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #554 on: 23 February, 2016, 08:45:22 am »
At some point last night I found myself cutting up and eating one of my coupe-vents, a very light long-sleeved cycling shirt without pockets.  Then I regretted it because I have two such, and this one was my favourite.

I was quite pleased to see it on the dryer in the bathroom this morning.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

fuzzy

« Reply #555 on: 23 February, 2016, 05:03:57 pm »
Benedict Cumberbatch was interviewing me for a job as a grammar school caretaker.

As soon as I entered his office, a bad cold hit me with snot running down my nose and top lip, a hacking cough etc.

I was instructed to undertake a test. the test required me to examine a series of clues made up of lots of pictures. From these pictures I could deuce the name of a person/ book/ play etc. The clues were backed up by the answer being provided in the form of anagrams in various foreign languages including Greek, Hebrew, Hieroglyphs etc.

I am awaiting a call back to see if I got the job.   

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #556 on: 27 February, 2016, 11:27:58 am »
My line manager was being extremely unsympathetic about my depression, mocking me in the office and piling the work on. We had some minor argy-bargy and then I threw my pen and my files on the floor, told her I was going home sick, and walked out.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

« Reply #557 on: 28 February, 2016, 09:36:55 am »
I was at the local college (not sure why, not as a pupil or teacher) and at a lesson on giving birth which involved a role play with a doll. Neil Kinnock was on the other side of the room and looking for someone to be his partner for the role play, beckoning at the group I was with.

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #558 on: 13 March, 2016, 09:48:30 pm »
A few nights ago I had a dream which persisted from sleep bout to sleep bout. It was very disturbing and I woke up feeling drained.

I was on a solo cycle tour in France. In a particularly remote, corn-fieldy bit I needed a hedge stop (one a chap has to crouch down for) and indeed carried out the deed. For some reason that I totally fail to understand (I suppose that goes with the territory in dreams) I did not return my cycling shorts to their correct position and cycled bare-arsed until I arrived in a small market town. I found the bog there and washed my hands but when I returned, still sans culottes, my bike and all my luggage had been stolen. I was in an agitated state and thoroughly without any idea concerning a sensible plan when three pals turned up out of the blue in the form of Kim, and The Things. The dream didn't really make any progress from there.

I recounted the dream to Mrs. Wow, who remarked that it would probably be quite hard to beat those three in terms of practical help in such a situation.

"If anyone can molish a jockstrap out of gaffer tape, Kim can!" observed my wife.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #559 on: 13 March, 2016, 11:11:41 pm »

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #560 on: 14 March, 2016, 12:23:25 am »
POTY!  :thumbsup:
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #561 on: 14 March, 2016, 07:22:47 am »
Trapped in an underground shopping centre by one or more big scary hungry alien monsterthings wif big pointy teef.  We had an early-warning system in the form of a fibre-optic cable - if light stopped coming out of the end it was time to be very very afraid.  After quite a long time the big scary hungry alien monsterthings wif big pointy teef hadn't showed up so I let myself out of the fire exit and went home.

Currently trying to sell this one to R. Scott on the grounds that the finished product cannot be any worse than Prometheus.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #562 on: 14 March, 2016, 09:44:51 am »
My dad went to America and posted me some Green & Blacks beef flavour chocolate.  :sick:

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #563 on: 14 March, 2016, 03:26:50 pm »

Thanks! It might be a bit... large in places.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #564 on: 20 March, 2016, 10:53:21 am »
Enjoying a nice hot bath is difficult when you find a full-size Aberdeen Angus standing athwart the tub, balanced delicately on the sides thereof.  What either of us was doing in Lapland is still a mystery.

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #565 on: 20 March, 2016, 12:19:52 pm »
Enjoying a nice hot bath is difficult when you find a full-size Aberdeen Angus standing athwart the tub, balanced delicately on the sides thereof.  What either of us was doing in Lapland is still a mystery.

Which did you eat last night, Leipäjuusto or Lappi cheese?
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #566 on: 20 March, 2016, 07:30:06 pm »

Which did you eat last night, Leipäjuusto or Lappi cheese?

King prawn makhani, actually.  Rarely eat cheese these days, in order to keep the kine out of the jacuzzi.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #567 on: 30 March, 2016, 08:09:41 am »
My mum and I went up to Gracemount to attend an event that Barack and Michelle Obama were at. For some reason I took my cat with me, but didn't take a carrier for him. The Obamas were dancing on a stage and Pete wouldn't sit nicely with me and kept walking across the stage, but they didn't mind. Then I realised I had a hairdresser appointment and I should take Pete home first. My mum said she'd meet us outside and give us a lift, but we waited and she didn't turn up. Pete somehow turned himself into three identical cats, and I was finding it really difficult to keep all three of him together. I phoned a friend who said she'd come and pick us up and we arranged a rendezvous point. I managed to herd the cats, but then couldn't find my friend because I didn't recognise her because, as it turned out, she was wearing a false nose in the shape of a beak.

Ruthie

• Her Majester
« Reply #568 on: 30 March, 2016, 08:21:41 am »
My mum and I went up to Gracemount to attend an event that Barack and Michelle Obama were at. For some reason I took my cat with me, but didn't take a carrier for him. The Obamas were dancing on a stage and Pete wouldn't sit nicely with me and kept walking across the stage, but they didn't mind. Then I realised I had a hairdresser appointment and I should take Pete home first. My mum said she'd meet us outside and give us a lift, but we waited and she didn't turn up. Pete somehow turned himself into three identical cats, and I was finding it really difficult to keep all three of him together. I phoned a friend who said she'd come and pick us up and we arranged a rendezvous point. I managed to herd the cats, but then couldn't find my friend because I didn't recognise her because, as it turned out, she was wearing a false nose in the shape of a beak.

Sounds like your standard YACF forum ride to me.
Milk please, no sugar.

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #569 on: 30 March, 2016, 10:41:47 am »
Chris Evans had a 'great idea' and somebody said 'No!'

Possibly the wrong thread . . .
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #570 on: 30 March, 2016, 10:45:08 am »
It was all about the terrible time Mr Piggy Pig had after he was persuaded by one Mr B.B. Wolf to upgrade his vegetable patch to Garden 10.  Mr Piggy Pig's shed got painted pink and sunflowers kept appearing in the middle of his cabbages.  When he tried to go back to Garden 7 all his vegetables disappeared overnight.

I may have been spending too much time reading about the Beast of Redmond unleashing a product both half-baked and wilful on an unsuspecting world.  Doubling the size and spacing of the icons on Adam Boyle's desktop is its latest wheeze.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #571 on: 30 March, 2016, 11:11:24 am »

Sounds like your standard YACF forum ride to me.
LOTD!

(Laugh of the day  :D)
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Ruthie

• Her Majester
« Reply #572 on: 06 April, 2016, 11:18:05 am »
I was in the bike shop in Yarm, and they were trying to sell me dihydrocodeine in the form of a powdery substances sold by the slice from a sausage skin.  It was definitely the Yarm shop, but it was actually Cowley Cycles and it was Gary suggesting dihydrocodeine to enhance my performance.
Milk please, no sugar.

Salvatore

• Джон Спунър
    • Pics
« Reply #573 on: 19 April, 2016, 09:39:08 am »
I had 2 dreams last night, and both involved getting my bike nicked.

In the first I was in a cafe on a Mediterranean island, possibly Malta, and the woman in charge insisted I pay for my coffee with the exact change (1.70 in some unspecified currency). When eventually I went to retrieve my bike from the cafe's extensive bike shed it had gone.

In the second I had got out of my car (on the road between Ower and Romsey, just before the top of the climb from Ower) to look at something down the road - what it was which has now fled my memory.  When I turned turned round the car had gone. I was more bothered about the bike in the car than the car itself, which makes sense as I don't own a car IRL.

IRL I had bought a lock during the day.
et avec John, excellent lecteur de road-book, on s'en est sortis sans erreur

Vince

• Can't climb; won't climb
« Reply #574 on: 20 April, 2016, 10:12:16 am »
I was chased around the kitchen by a half cooked lobster. I know it was half cooked because the whilst the body was orange, the claws were still blue.
216km from Marsh Gibbon