Author Topic: iPod Borked?  (Read 1031 times)

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
iPod Borked?
« on: 06 September, 2008, 04:11:47 pm »
My iPod looks like this:

:(

I've tried resets etc. but nothing's worked. It plays OK, but I can't choose what I play  :-\

My last hope is that it has some damp inside so I'm drying it out.

Any thoughts? Or any idea how much a repair might cost?

Re: iPod Borked?
« Reply #1 on: 06 September, 2008, 04:15:50 pm »
It's a problem with the LCD screen. The very dark bit looks like the display as has broken and some of the liquid crystal has escaped.
It's probably going to be cheaper to replace than get fixed. The new iPods are released on the 9th, so the cost of the older refurbished ones should fall, or you could just get the new nano...

« Reply #2 on: 06 September, 2008, 04:22:17 pm »
Just a thought:  As I cannot use a screen I always load what I want to play on my mp3 player in the sequence I want it.   If you do buy a new one and would like a few quid for the old one (assuming that everything but the screen works) then I might just be interested.   

PaulF

« Reply #3 on: 06 September, 2008, 04:27:45 pm »
Just a thought:  As I cannot use a screen I always load what I want to play on my mp3 player in the sequence I want it.   If you do buy a new one and would like a few quid for the old one (assuming that everything but the screen works) then I might just be interested.  

Kind offer but I've found somewhere local that will repair for £30 so I'll probably use them.

Not sure that your method will work with the iPod - it plays everything in alphabetical order by artist, album

« Reply #4 on: 06 September, 2008, 04:30:23 pm »
I load audio materials created by myself for research and work purposes.  I can simply call the files a, b, etc.   

Hope the repair works for you.

PaulF

« Reply #5 on: 06 September, 2008, 04:33:12 pm »
I load audio materials created by myself for research and work purposes.  I can simply call the files a, b, etc.   

Hope the repair works for you.

That should be OK then - if the repair doesn't work you can have first dibs on the corpse

« Reply #6 on: 06 September, 2008, 04:36:04 pm »
okey dokey.  :thumbsup: