Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Pub / Re: what I have learned today.
« Last post by Kim on Today at 03:27:55 pm »
Do you get a baby growing in your mouth?

No, but you can probably get arrested if it happens in the wrong parts of USAnia.
The Pub / Re: Grammar that makes you cringe
« Last post by toontra on Today at 03:09:07 pm »
Further to my previous rant about the use of "so" at the start of an answer to any question, Angela van den Bogerd is taking it to new levels when giving evidence to the PO enquiry. Every ****ing question  ::-) 

She deserves criminal prosecution for that alone, quite apart from being a lying shit responsible for trashing countless people's lives.
Online quizzes / Re: Wordle
« Last post by rr on Today at 02:59:21 pm »
Wordle 1,042 5/6

🟨🟨
🟨
🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Health & Fitness / Re: The health and fitness thread about random things
« Last post by BrianI on Today at 02:58:46 pm »
For the last day and a half, I've had tinnitus in my right ear that sounds like a large diseasel engine idling in the distance.  Happened last week too, and I spent a fair bit of time trying to locate the source of the noise before it randomly stopped.

As tinnitus goes, it's probably about as un-annoying as it gets[1], but it's not helping me hear or sleep, leading to general grumpiness.  Also, if I wanted my life to have a diesely rumble as a soundtrack (rather than computer fans, as dog intended) I'd have joined the Navy or something.

[1] Certainly preferable to my brain trying to pick out distant voices from the noise floor, which seems to be its usual silent room trick.

Perhaps it is a warp core hum?
The Pub / Re: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.
« Last post by matthew on Today at 02:46:48 pm »
"see it, say it, sort it"

Not just barakta who missed this one then.  It's actually "See it. Say it. Sorted.", the implication being that the BTP will deal with the security stuff[1], rather than random members of the public, which is what "See it. Say it. Sort it." might suggest.  Bit of a public communication own-goal really.

[1] Citation needed.

Ok, I need to get my hearing checked then.  :facepalm:
Health & Fitness / Re: The health and fitness thread about random things
« Last post by Kim on Today at 02:28:24 pm »
For the last day and a half, I've had tinnitus in my right ear that sounds like a large diseasel engine idling in the distance.  Happened last week too, and I spent a fair bit of time trying to locate the source of the noise before it randomly stopped.

As tinnitus goes, it's probably about as un-annoying as it gets[1], but it's not helping me hear or sleep, leading to general grumpiness.  Also, if I wanted my life to have a diesely rumble as a soundtrack (rather than computer fans, as dog intended) I'd have joined the Navy or something.

[1] Certainly preferable to my brain trying to pick out distant voices from the noise floor, which seems to be its usual silent room trick.
The Pub / Re: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.
« Last post by Kim on Today at 02:21:02 pm »
"see it, say it, sort it"

Not just barakta who missed this one then.  It's actually "See it. Say it. Sorted.", the implication being that the BTP will deal with the security stuff[1], rather than random members of the public, which is what "See it. Say it. Sort it." might suggest.  Bit of a public communication own-goal really.

[1] Citation needed.
Further and Faster / Re: New bike for Audax from Halfords.
« Last post by citoyen on Today at 02:18:14 pm »
I shall ride 25 Km in the cyclo park first so that I know I can do it. My usual rides are never more than 1 1/2 Miles at a time.

To be blunt, you're some way off being audax-ready.

Cyclopark is a good place to practice building up your distances but audaxes are on open roads and as it states in the guidance for riders, are only suitable for people who are experienced at riding on open roads.
The Pub / Re: Tune Association II - Son of Tune Association
« Last post by spesh on Today at 02:03:58 pm »
We Care A lot - Faith No More
The Pub / Re: Tune Association II - Son of Tune Association
« Last post by rogerzilla on Today at 01:56:40 pm »
Do They Know It's Christmas? - Band Aid
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10