Author Topic: Zwifting - I think I need help!  (Read 12196 times)

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
Re: Zwifting - I think I need help!
« Reply #300 on: April 03, 2021, 03:37:10 pm »
Mine was similar but fortunately I was able to save my ride when I eventually got in otherwise I’d have lost the best part of 800m climbing

« Reply #301 on: April 06, 2021, 04:14:33 pm »
I'm resigned to the loss. I didn't mind losing 400m, just the KOM win. I doubt if I will ever have a chance to win KOM again.

Worse news is that Zwifthub is closing down.  It's author "Feeney announced he has moved to a new software development role with Wahoo Fitness – The Sufferfest".   I'd like to think Zwift could buy Zwifthub as it is a valuable enhancement.
Sic transit and all that..

fboab

• It's a fecking serious business, riding a bike
« Reply #302 on: April 06, 2021, 09:00:27 pm »
I always found it a bit disappointing- it worked as a tick list but with prettier pictures. Or was I missing something crucial?

None of the info is unique- almost all replicated by zwiftinsider.

TSS is not Total Sex Score, Chris!

« Reply #303 on: April 06, 2021, 10:19:27 pm »
GPLama agrees with asterix. Zwift should do the decent thing and buy the IP of the site and just integrate it into their site. It presumably uses their API anyway.

ETA: I don't kid myself that startups from California ever manage to do the decent thing. They do what their investors tell them to do.

« Reply #304 on: April 06, 2021, 11:24:36 pm »
I always found it a bit disappointing- it worked as a tick list but with prettier pictures. Or was I missing something crucial?

None of the info is unique- almost all replicated by zwiftinsider.
  • It's a tick list that you can use to choose your route without having to start a random ride, just to access the list (as in Zwift)
  • It's all on one page, rather than in separate pages per country, as in Zwift Insider
  • You can filter and sort the list by various useful criteria (distance, routes you've done, country, etc.)
  • Zwift Insider doesn't have a record of what rides you've done
Don't get me wrong. Zwift Insider is good, and the fact that Zwift must set some kind of world record for the number of supplementary services you need to use it to the full is not really an advantage (we haven't even mentioned the Zwift Companion or Zwiftpower). But definitely Zwift Hub adds something that means that I use it most times I am planning a ride. Id like to see Zwift Hub integrated into Zwift Insider.

fboab

« Reply #305 on: April 07, 2021, 06:57:40 am »
I think because I had already done most of the routes before zwift hub started made it less useful for me. I kept an actual list, on an index card, on the windowsill next to my bike... Old Skool.

« Reply #306 on: April 07, 2021, 08:38:36 am »
I'd just made up a spreadsheet when I found out about the site ::-)

fboab

« Reply #307 on: Yesterday at 03:21:07 pm »
It seems you can get that tick box functionality with zwifthacks, here:

https://zwifthacks.com/a-new-way-to-track-your-route-badges/

I think I could even claim this is improved tickboxery as you can view the upcoming events list and they will show your tickboxery.

Looks like Jesper is pretty responsive to feature requests, too.