Author Topic: Tonight I discovered  (Read 1962 times)

Tonight I discovered
« on: 03 October, 2020, 11:16:29 pm »
That Shimano road hydraulic levers have free stroke and reach adjustment - controlled by two small machine screws with hex socket heads (2mm). Much, much improved lever position and feel. Just feel a bit dim having bled a set first...

Re: Tonight I discovered
« Reply #1 on: 04 October, 2020, 05:59:49 am »
Always worth reading the Dealer Tech doc  ;)

« Reply #2 on: 04 October, 2020, 03:12:49 pm »
That Shimano road hydraulic levers have free stroke and reach adjustment - controlled by two small machine screws with hex socket heads (2mm). Much, much improved lever position and feel. Just feel a bit dim having bled a set first...
As do Campagnolo. I was all set to bleed them to get the bite point more suitable, when I noticed the adjuster screw.
Loving life with a beautiful Bianchi.

GrahamG

• Babies bugger bicycling
« Reply #3 on: 13 December, 2020, 07:46:46 pm »
You know I thought of this thread whilst out on the new grx equipped bike yesterday.  I'm really annoyed that the reach and bite adjustment just isn't mentioned on the generic sales description/spec, and was even totally missed by the 'everything you need to know about grx' type articles. If I'd have known the upgrade from grx 600 levers to the 800 variety would have stopped me from all the faff with sodding pad clearance as well as taking a bit more adjustability then I'd have gone for the more expensive levers. Gits.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Brummie in exile (may it forever be so)

« Reply #4 on: 13 December, 2020, 10:53:19 pm »
AFAICT in GRX, only the posher 800 series STIs (but not BL-RX812) have both free travel and reach adjustments. The others (600 and 400 models)  have reach adjustment but not free travel adjustment.

cheers

« Reply #5 on: 14 December, 2020, 05:31:55 pm »
Got reach adjustment on my mtn bike levers, not sure about free stroke

« Reply #6 on: 15 December, 2020, 03:09:52 pm »
Deore flat bar hydro levers have reach adjustment but not free stroke.