Author Topic: Dynamo set up from amazon  (Read 934 times)

Dynamo set up from amazon
« on: 26 November, 2020, 01:21:57 pm »
Great hive mind I love my dynamo set up but the front wheel is a very cheap decathlon one and the lights a bit heath Robinson. It failed on me last night but turned up the wire had just pulled out of the connector. However I want to updrade it to something better

I've got a budget of about £100 to £125. In all honesty the wheel is probably my priority and needs to be 700c and capable of taking up to at least 35mm tyres. I would however like a brighter light. Currently have a 2nd hand luxos lumotec iq2

The slightly odd caveat is it needs to come from amazon. I don't normally use them but have some vouchers coming through as part of the ONS covid testing

Recommendations please

Re: Dynamo set up from amazon
« Reply #1 on: 26 November, 2020, 09:00:38 pm »
Amazon offers and reliability are notoriously fickle and questionable. I've done rather well with Rose bikes, however if Amazon is where you must be then maybe use the more traditional sellers to pin down what you need then go find it from Bezos Inc.

The IQ2 isn't shabby at all. In parallel I've been running the slightly cheaper Lumotec IQ Cyo Premium T senso plus for years and dead happy. What's the dynamo you have? Is it 3W and still rotates acceptably? And maybe what you need is a really good mount to avoid the rickety-ness. SJS have been pretty good for things like that for me.
Cruzbike V2k, S40

fuaran

• rothair gasta
« Reply #2 on: 26 November, 2020, 09:08:57 pm »
Taylor Wheels have some stuff on Amazon. They are a German shop, with a decent range of dynamo wheels. Though not very useful descriptions, so tricky to find what you want.
This is probably the best dynamo wheel they have. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Taylor-Wheels-28inch-ZAC2000-Sport-hub/dp/B00GAZ86G4/

« Reply #3 on: 27 November, 2020, 09:33:57 am »
‘Double grinding seal’. !!!😧

I suspect they don’t mean what they wrote