Author Topic: Photoshop to Excell  (Read 946 times)

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
Photoshop to Excell
« on: 31 August, 2011, 07:15:54 pm »
So I've designed an invoice in Photoshop, is there a way I can bring it into Excell and use it as background template to do invoicing?
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

Re: Photoshop to Excell
« Reply #1 on: 31 August, 2011, 07:31:19 pm »
My take on it would be to take the various elements of your Photoshop document and Save each as a jpeg (here I'm hoping you've got clearly defined elements and not loads of gradient stuff which blends with other stuff).

Then open your new Excel doc and insert the jpegs you've created from file, placing them in cells which you've moved around / re-sized as best to replicate your photoshop doc.

There's prolly better ways of doing this - but I confess to being less than expert with Excel.

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #2 on: 31 August, 2011, 08:14:12 pm »
I'll give that a go. It's a very very basic and simple look. In essense just a page border with the logo.

Can I just make the cells to fit and colour them orange?
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #3 on: 31 August, 2011, 08:21:26 pm »
Apparently you can put the image into the header of the excel sheet (page set up header thing)

It is simpler than it looks.

andygates

• Peroxide Viking
« Reply #4 on: 31 August, 2011, 08:30:57 pm »
Yeah, I would redraw that in Excel.  There's no sensible import route.  Export the logo as a nice big image, and just paste it into the appropriate space on the page.  Use Excel's Set Print Area to tell it what cells it cares about, set page options to centre that vertically and horizontally with sensible margins, and turn off Print Cell Lines if it's on. 

I thought it was going to be something complicated!
It takes blood and guts to be this cool but I'm still just a cliché.
OpenStreetMap UK & IRL Streetmap & Topo: ravenfamily.org/andyg/maps updates weekly.

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #5 on: 31 August, 2011, 08:54:09 pm »
It's the simple stuff that usually gets me lol

Support Equilibrium

« Reply #6 on: 01 September, 2011, 09:21:21 am »
why not just use it as a background in a word doc?

excel is the devil's arse…
she was quite innocent, 'till she got that bicycle - sykurmolanir

tonycollinet

• No Longer a western province of Númenor
« Reply #7 on: 01 September, 2011, 12:55:55 pm »
Word not that good for calculations in an invoice though.

« Reply #8 on: 02 September, 2011, 12:12:38 pm »
can you not cut and paste from excel to word? i always do the calculations the old fashioned method with a calculator and just manually input the figures onto the invoice.
she was quite innocent, 'till she got that bicycle - sykurmolanir

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #9 on: 02 September, 2011, 06:37:16 pm »
Ah but if I do it in excell I can do other things eventually like inventory and tally up how many times something has been out etc.

Support Equilibrium

« Reply #10 on: 02 September, 2011, 06:51:05 pm »
Yet more unhelpfully, I'd be tempted to get a bunch of those templates printed up and then just print invoice details over them.  That way you won't keep running out of orange ink.

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #11 on: 02 September, 2011, 06:52:59 pm »
They very rarely get printed, 90% of clients just ask for pdfs.

Support Equilibrium