Author Topic: Fair Fuel survey on drivers' frustrations - including cyclists  (Read 30298 times)

rr

Re: Fair Fuel survey on drivers' frustrations - including cyclists
« Reply #25 on: 09 July, 2020, 05:46:15 pm »
Michael Hunt has responded.
They really don't like Mr Khan, do they. No mention that the government imposed the increase in the congestion charge.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

« Reply #26 on: 09 July, 2020, 06:20:20 pm »
That's a fine example of a completely biased survey.  I've completed it, on the basis that I'm likely to be ignored but if they get enough contrary responses it might have some effect.  One of the strangest questions is about bike lanes, only two options.  Either along roads, or separate.  When obviously there are a range of better alternatives as well as those two (enforce lower speed limits, separate cycle routes, safer junctions, reduce access for private cars etc etc ....)
Sunshine approaching from the South.

First time in 1,000 years.

« Reply #27 on: 09 July, 2020, 06:25:38 pm »
I strongly suspect it was designed/compiled/thrown up by a solo, semi-delusional, spittle-flecked ABD loon.
Rust never sleeps

SoreTween

• Most of me survived the Pennine Bridleway.
« Reply #28 on: 10 July, 2020, 07:40:43 am »
I strongly suspect it was designed/compiled/thrown up by a solo, semi-delusional, spittle-flecked ABD loon.
...who rides a motorbike and is utterly convinced the sun shines out of his/her fundamental for doing so.

I went right through it but I'm not submitting it.  Too many questions that can be twisted to support the Fair Fuel argument whichever way you answer.  The only certainty by taking part is to justify the existence of this odious outfit.
2023 targets: Survive. Maybe.
There is only one infinite resource in this universe; human stupidity.

Redlight

• Enjoying life in the slow lane
« Reply #29 on: 10 July, 2020, 10:06:15 am »
I went right through it but I'm not submitting it.   

I did, although I imagine they will exclude my responses from their "analysis".  It was worth it for the hilarious response that I then received.  To save you the trouble, though, I've pasted it below.

I would welcome any suggestions as to what this sentence, in particular, means: 

The London Mayor has an amoebic ability to recognise that affordable and balanced road transport costs, means a thriving London economy.

Thank you for taking part in probably the most important Road User’s Survey ever carried out.

The poll results will be pushed out to MPs, Ministers, and the media. Decade after decade, UK’s 37m drivers have delivered the 5th largest income to the Treasury. Every single motorist wants clean air to breathe too, but the Government prefers to make clean air policy based on emotionally based ill-informed arguments from well-financed self-professed environmentalists backed by cranks, out of touch virtue signalling celebrities and special advisors. Policies are being driven (excuse the pun) to hit drivers using punitive taxes, bans and threats that their perfectly usable vehicles will be made worthless by cliff edge targets of diesel and petrol vehicles, getting ever closer.

We are fighting to stop other UK City authorities following London’s lead. We hear that 12 cities are on the verge of introducing congestion charges and ultra-low emission zones. This has to stop, there are better, proven and practical ways to lower emissions. That is why we will be taking legal action against the Mayor of London. And need your help.

The congestion charge in London has rocketed 30%, extended further to 10pm and now is seven days a week, as the far left wing mayor struggles to pay for his debt-ridden transport system. And still under lock-down, the £11.50 charge has been reintroduced, along with the ultra-low emission zone which costs £12.50 for most vehicles and £100 for heavy lorries or coaches.

Sadiq Khan has truly shown his ego driven political colours, yet again. His latest chronic anti-driver policy will kill off many of London’s struggling small and medium sized businesses, the haulage industry, van distributors and hardworking motorists. This latest move is not to look Green, no, it is simply to help his long-term mismanaged mayoral deficit. Midwives, shift workers, plumbers, electricians, delivery guys to name just a few, will be financially massacred by this insane hike in the Congestion Charge to £15.

The London Mayor has an amoebic ability to recognise that affordable and balanced road transport costs, means a thriving London economy. FairFuelUK will legally challenge this idealistic administration to stop their financial carnage of millions of drivers, who have no choice but to use their vehicles every day for work, medical visits, and community support.

Please donate to our crowd fund. We are not financed to the levels enjoyed by Client Earth; Extinction Rebellion and the Green Party. Astonishingly the well paid executives at the AA and the RAC are doing nothing to fight these issues for their members and despite being invited to join our legal action, no answers have been the stern replies. We are truly saddened by their torpor.

PLEASE DONATE TO OUR LEGAL CROWD FUND

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/tfl-legal-challenge

Many many thanks
Howard Cox       
Founder of the FairFuelUK Campaign

Why should anybody steal a watch when they can steal a bicycle?

ian

« Reply #30 on: 10 July, 2020, 10:38:09 am »
I've no idea. I like to think an amoebic ability allows you to squeeze through small gaps and maybe reach out with pseudopodia and grab things. Perhaps Sadiq Khan can do this. It would be well cool if he could. It's news to me too. He's an X-man.

No one tell Howard that Khan is a Muslim. He probably thinks he's the bloke from the Star Trek movie.

SoreTween

• Most of me survived the Pennine Bridleway.
« Reply #31 on: 10 July, 2020, 11:25:25 am »
Thanks Redlight :thumbsup:

I do like the accusation of cranks.  This from the outfit pushing an additive that they claim cuts emissions by 50% and reduces costs by 10%.  My unsubmitted comment under that was "If something sounds too good to be true it is.  50%?  10%?  Pull the other one!" Mild but enough to get my entry binned.
2023 targets: Survive. Maybe.
There is only one infinite resource in this universe; human stupidity.

« Reply #32 on: 10 July, 2020, 08:41:00 pm »
Done it. Great fun.

Any screed which includes the phrase "demonisation of the motorist" is clearly risible.

I did my best to demonise the motorist, altho' I am one.
Move Faster and Bake Things

« Reply #33 on: 10 July, 2020, 10:35:34 pm »
Done it. Great fun.

Any screed which includes the phrase "demonisation of the motorist" is clearly risible.

Yes, i answered in a similar way.
Found all the anti mayor khan questions appalling, no option at all given to support him.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #34 on: 11 July, 2020, 01:06:28 pm »
I do like "no answers have been the stern replies." Replying sternly while at the same time not answering isn't quite as cool as "amoebic abilities" but it's impressive.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

handcyclist

• watch for my signal
« Reply #35 on: 11 July, 2020, 01:33:27 pm »
Done it. Great fun.

Ditto. I expect a press release about the why some of the responses were ignored due to infiltration by far left radicals with their crazy ideas ....
Doubt is is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

Steph

• Fast. Fast and bulbous. But fluffy.
« Reply #36 on: 11 July, 2020, 07:25:55 pm »
That was the explanation for binning the 70%-in-favour review of the Gender Recognition Act.
Mae angen arnaf i byw, a fe fydda'i

« Reply #37 on: 08 December, 2020, 09:51:28 pm »
They've got a new survey! The "Annual Road User Survey 2020/2021": https://s.surveyplanet.com/NzD3nRZR3

Lots of questions about cycling on this one...

« Reply #38 on: 09 December, 2020, 12:41:30 pm »
I had great fun with this one. Laugh a minute stuff.
Rust never sleeps

« Reply #39 on: 09 December, 2020, 04:08:33 pm »
Yummee thanks!
I love these (although I'm sure they've already written the report)
Too many angry people - breathe & relax.

Adam

• It'll soon be summer
    • Charity ride Durness to Dover 18-25th June 2011
« Reply #40 on: 09 December, 2020, 09:40:07 pm »
Interesting - I haven't had an email from them about that.  Perhaps they've removed me from their list seeing as I always fill in their surveys to say VED should go up a lot, and cycle lanes don't cause congestion etc etc.
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.” -Albert Einstein

« Reply #41 on: 09 December, 2020, 09:53:47 pm »
The email address I used to sign up with (from my domain) was inspired by the Annual Road Survey Experience, lets see if they flog that list to anyone.

« Reply #42 on: 09 December, 2020, 10:36:25 pm »
The email address I used to sign up with (from my domain) was inspired by the Annual Road Survey Experience, lets see if they flog that list to anyone.

Good work.

« Reply #43 on: 09 December, 2020, 10:37:42 pm »
I do like "no answers have been the stern replies." Replying sternly while at the same time not answering isn't quite as cool as "amoebic abilities" but it's impressive.

Perhaps they meant to say, ‘“NO!!” answers have been the stern replies.’

handcyclist

• watch for my signal
« Reply #44 on: 10 December, 2020, 03:55:37 pm »
That was fun, but the question on cyclists obeying traffic laws was inseperable from the 'road tax' 'issue', so unanswerable.

Have these t**ts never heard of confirmation bias?

Doubt is is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

« Reply #45 on: 10 December, 2020, 04:05:05 pm »
That was fun, but the question on cyclists obeying traffic laws was inseperable from the 'road tax' 'issue', so unanswerable.

Have these t**ts never heard of confirmation bias?

They have if they have read my comment.....

Ben T

« Reply #46 on: 10 December, 2020, 11:58:29 pm »
They seem to be fairly pro-lorry, as well. I always slag lorries off when I fill in these things.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #47 on: 11 December, 2020, 12:31:40 am »
I put a few ringer answers in there to upset them  ;D
It is simpler than it looks.

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #48 on: 11 December, 2020, 01:01:10 am »
WHAT DO YOU THINK REGARDING THE GOVERNMENT’s PLANNED LEGISLATING FOR THE SALE OF NEW PETROL AND DIESEL VEHICLES TO BE BANNED IN JUST 9 YEARS IN 2030

I had to remind myself that 2030 is not that far away  :hand:

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #49 on: 11 December, 2020, 10:19:11 am »
What makes them think anyone except hedge fund managers and foopballers will be able to afford a new car by 2030?
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime