Author Topic: Members' bikes  (Read 2455621 times)

Re: Members' bikes
« Reply #5700 on: 27 September, 2012, 10:24:41 pm »
's'all right, I suppose.

If you like that sort of thing.

I like that sort of thing :thumbsup:

Very purposeful.

Is it not a bit... err.. too this century for you though?  :P
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #5701 on: 27 September, 2012, 10:28:19 pm »
Well, of course it could be improved by a bit more Sturmey Archer, and a Carradice saddlebag, but I understand some people prefer the new-fangled nonsense like chain-twisting gears. ;)

Looks like you intend to continue getting the miles in this winter. :thumbsup:
Getting there...

Rhys W

• I'm single, bilingual
    • Cardiff Ajax
« Reply #5702 on: 28 September, 2012, 11:31:49 am »
That's what a winter training bike should look like.  :thumbsup:

I'd be interested to hear what you think of it, like I mentioned, a few of my clubmates have them and I haven't heard a bad word about them yet.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #5703 on: 28 September, 2012, 08:51:19 pm »
Look what we found in the dining room! :thumbsup:

Getting there...

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #5704 on: 28 September, 2012, 09:18:30 pm »
A 7-day cafe? Very practical!  ;D
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #5705 on: 28 September, 2012, 10:34:12 pm »
BEAST
#makewattsnotwar

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #5706 on: 29 September, 2012, 12:53:21 am »
A 7-day cafe? Very practical!  ;D

I know!  Handy or what, eh? ;D
Getting there...

Moose57

• Hippopotamus scandere potest colles
« Reply #5707 on: 29 September, 2012, 11:00:03 pm »
Where did you get the clamp to attach sign to your bars?

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #5708 on: 30 September, 2012, 01:26:50 am »
^ ^ ^ ^ ^
<Splort¬!> Chortle . . .
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

« Reply #5709 on: 30 September, 2012, 09:23:18 pm »
Very nice Pip :thumbsup:

« Reply #5710 on: 30 September, 2012, 10:45:29 pm »
Hi,

New bike so I figured I may as well become a new member too  :)

It's a Specialized Crosstrail pro disc 2013. Purchased from Evans Cycles in Liverpool yesterday.

Specialized Crosstrail Pro Disc 2013 101 by Jeff in Wales, on Flickr

More pics here....http://www.flickr.com/photos/max_chromo/sets/72157631656497563/ and here....http://www.flickr.com/photos/max_chromo/sets/72157631657043453/

My old bike, a Raleigh Chromo Max II. Had it for about 14 years but only really started using it seriously this year, done 1900 miles since Feb:

Specialized Crosstrail Pro Disc 2013 105 by Jeff in Wales, on Flickr

Not been able to get out on the new bike today due to windy conditions but things looking better tomorrow so hopefully will be able to go for a good blast.

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #5711 on: 01 October, 2012, 06:26:16 am »
Welcome to yacf Jeff.  Nice dog!

« Reply #5712 on: 06 October, 2012, 06:20:19 pm »
New Tifosi, sort of finished(ish). Mainly new bits, but wheels, saddle, pedals, bars and stem came from a now-dismantled bike. It looks black here, but it's actually dark green.

I left a silly amount of steerer tube as I was paranoid about cutting it too short, hence the stack of spacers above the stem! Saddle angle has now been fixed as it's wonky in the pic, and I need to play about with bar height/angle as they're rather high at the moment.

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #5713 on: 07 October, 2012, 12:13:20 pm »
Cor! Phanta. Shiny or what!!!!!
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

« Reply #5714 on: 07 October, 2012, 01:35:41 pm »
Is this a new bike?  Well, after the sad demise of the Pogliaghi frame and a brief fling with a Concorde that was a bit short in the top tube department, I've built my bits onto a rather tasty Dave Lloyd Concept 90 frame in 753 tubing with a very slender wishbone seatstay, renovated by Bob Jackson this summer and sparkly silver in the sunshine.

I've not got the right stem or saddle on it at the moment, but that will soon be sorted.  And I'll have some red and black bar tape this time.

« Reply #5715 on: 07 October, 2012, 01:39:28 pm »
Nice frame, PaulR. Gonna be a fairly radical riding position!

« Reply #5716 on: 07 October, 2012, 01:45:43 pm »
It's not as extreme as this photo suggests, but I will be fitting a stem with a 6 degree rise, which I'm hoping will fit better with the sloping top tube at the same time as allowing me to see beyond the front wheel!

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #5717 on: 09 October, 2012, 05:44:30 pm »
New bike.  Well, new to me.  And pretty much new anyway.  A Ridgeback Romany 504LX (I think that refers to the Shimano Deore LX groupset).

So I was rockin' it old skool with the downtube levers and the clips & straps through the middle of London, but it comes back really quickly.

Quill stem, triple chainset, full racks, cantis (albeit lo-pro ones) and mudguards won't surprise those who know me, but the white brake hoods & cables, lugless frame and (horror!) Tange Cro-Mo Tourist tubing may raise at least one eyebrow.  Oh - and the big fat 35 section tyres with :o Schrader valves.  I can reconcile myself to those things which cannot be resolved. ;D

It's a very comfortable bike, and I only felt a bit more flex in the frame when I kicked down hard to accelerate away from a junction.  Now I need to prep it for an early start on Friday.

btw, as it's a Romany, I've taken the precaution of making all the 'pikey' jokes already. ;)
Getting there...

Members' bikes
« Reply #5718 on: 09 October, 2012, 05:46:39 pm »
That looks great!

My type of bike that. It looks brand new and shiny on the pics.
OnOne Pickenflick - Tour De Fer 20 - Pinnacle Arkose cx - Charge Cooker maxi2 fatty - GT Zaskar Carbon Expert

« Reply #5719 on: 09 October, 2012, 05:56:26 pm »
New Tifosi, sort of finished(ish). Mainly new bits, but wheels, saddle, pedals, bars and stem came from a now-dismantled bike. It looks black here, but it's actually dark green.

I left a silly amount of steerer tube as I was paranoid about cutting it too short, hence the stack of spacers above the stem! Saddle angle has now been fixed as it's wonky in the pic, and I need to play about with bar height/angle as they're rather high at the moment.

Looked even better in real life.   Very nice indeed.

Would you like me to look out that accessory bar?

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #5720 on: 09 October, 2012, 06:02:02 pm »
That's a nice looking bike Clarion.I particularly like the downtube levers :thumbsup:
It needs a Brooks saddle thobut :demon:

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #5721 on: 09 October, 2012, 06:10:39 pm »
:o :o :o

The saddle with it I thought was going to be uncomfortable enough, but it wasn't too bad after a while.  I think it's an Avocet.  The tyres are.

Bumper, the guy I bought the bike off it hadn't ridden it, having taken it in a part exchange.  The previous owner apparently rode it for about 100 miles then stored it.  I can believe that.  There's some surface rust on bolts and exposed cables, and a few minor scratches on the frame.  Seems almost a shame for it to have to suffer the kind of hard work bikes in our household put in.
Getting there...

« Reply #5722 on: 09 October, 2012, 06:14:39 pm »
Is this a new bike?  Well, after the sad demise of the Pogliaghi frame and a brief fling with a Concorde that was a bit short in the top tube department, I've built my bits onto a rather tasty Dave Lloyd Concept 90 frame in 753 tubing with a very slender wishbone seatstay, renovated by Bob Jackson this summer and sparkly silver in the sunshine.

I've not got the right stem or saddle on it at the moment, but that will soon be sorted.  And I'll have some red and black bar tape this time.

Having seen this in the flesh steel, I can attest to it being a very sexy bike  :thumbsup:

It made me say 'Ohhh!' when I saw it.

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #5723 on: 09 October, 2012, 06:16:17 pm »
:o :o :o

I have two B17,both Honey

Ix Brompton
1x Champion

I can do a special £ for you
 ;) ;D

Chris S

« Reply #5724 on: 09 October, 2012, 06:18:37 pm »
Clarion, I'm going to call you Imelda Marcos from now on. You are to bikes, what she is to shoes  :thumbsup:.