Author Topic: ***CoronaBonus***  (Read 65534 times)

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
Re: ***CoronaBonus***
« Reply #350 on: 11 April, 2020, 04:50:19 pm »
I've been to Hotel Chocolat. It's not made out of chocolate, which is a bit disappointing. Though it's not far from a volcano, so perhaps they erred on the side of caution.

Its in Huntington, there are no volcanoes in Huntington, it is though, the land that time forgot

Pedant alert. Don’t you mean Huntingdon ? Huntington is near York.

I stand corrected, as do you, according to a well known search engine, Huntington is near Cannock.
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

vorsprung

• Opposites Attract
    • Audaxing
« Reply #351 on: 11 April, 2020, 08:05:38 pm »

« Reply #352 on: 11 April, 2020, 08:53:01 pm »
Three days ago, I rode towards a Peugeot 205 parked on a country lane. It contained an unkempt lady in her 60s and a large amount of cardboard. I gave her a wave and a grin and she absolutely beamed at me.

Today, I rode past it and I think she was in there but completely obscured by cardboard.

Tomorrow I'm going to ride out there and give her some flowers from the garden and an easter egg.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #353 on: 11 April, 2020, 09:03:38 pm »
Stroud's no.1 fly-tipper?
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

« Reply #354 on: 13 April, 2020, 07:26:26 am »
My local bluebell wood is the best I can remember it, probably because the restrictrictions and one way paths mean that it hasn't got trampled. I (& Mrs Ham) had to go out at 06:00 to avoid the crowds that come later, but it was worth it.

« Reply #355 on: 13 April, 2020, 08:49:26 am »
Three days ago, I rode towards a Peugeot 205 parked on a country lane. It contained an unkempt lady in her 60s and a large amount of cardboard. I gave her a wave and a grin and she absolutely beamed at me.

Today, I rode past it and I think she was in there but completely obscured by cardboard.

Tomorrow I'm going to ride out there and give her some flowers from the garden and an easter egg.
Read somewhere there's a cardboard shortage. She'll be one of those eco-warriors in disguise. May even like cyclists..

Move Faster and Bake Things

rogerzilla

« Reply #356 on: 13 April, 2020, 11:07:21 am »
As I'm not commuting by bike, I don't need to ride in the rain, so my bikes will all stay clean!

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #357 on: 13 April, 2020, 11:45:13 am »
I've been able to ride down Park Street without touching the brakes at all. Unfortunately I've no idea what speed I reached cos I've taken the computer off that bike.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #358 on: 13 April, 2020, 01:04:53 pm »
I remember riding up a hill like that on a 600 and then finding that the left turn I wanted at the top was No Entry.  Had to go all the way down again and navigate round by back streets.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #359 on: 13 April, 2020, 01:29:17 pm »
My local bluebell wood is the best I can remember it...

I imagine the King's Wood near Ashford looks similarly spectacular at the moment - it's always a prime bluebell spot - but alas it's a bit too far from home to justify a trip right now. Chiz. However, my local woods are looking pretty good too. Here's the dog doing his audition for the April page of the Parson Russell Terriers of Whitstable Calendar 2020:

"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

« Reply #360 on: 13 April, 2020, 10:01:36 pm »
 :thumbsup:

When I say local, mine is within 500m

TimC

• Old blerk sometimes onabike.
« Reply #361 on: 13 April, 2020, 10:11:12 pm »
We're obviously a little behind you here in the Far East, but the bluebells in my garden (of which there seem to be many, none of which were planted by me) are just beginning to poke their heads out. However, a couple of woods near me are starting to take on a blue tinge, and I'd guess by the end of the week will be spectacular.

ian

« Reply #362 on: 14 April, 2020, 09:32:01 am »
The woods were already very blue (not hedge grumbly blue) on our wanders at the weekend.

« Reply #363 on: 14 April, 2020, 10:44:35 am »
I am reliably informed that our local supermarket has a superabundance of Easter eggs, going cheep.

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #364 on: 14 April, 2020, 12:38:05 pm »
I am reliably informed that our local supermarket has a superabundance of Easter eggs, going cheep.

My free one from work hasn't arrived yet...  :(
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #365 on: 14 April, 2020, 01:00:31 pm »

Ours had loads on Friday, all gone yesterday. I think they packed them up and delivered them to Front-Line workers.
It is simpler than it looks.

TimC

• Old blerk sometimes onabike.
« Reply #366 on: 14 April, 2020, 02:17:50 pm »

Ours had loads on Friday, all gone yesterday. I think they packed them up and delivered them to Front-Line workers.

My bit of Suffolk has just realised they missed out on the panic-buying fad of a month or so ago, and so they've started today. The Co-op looked like it had been looted by the entire cast of Mad Max. I wonder if that means we'll get some more modern products in?

rogerzilla

« Reply #367 on: 14 April, 2020, 03:27:16 pm »
All the Fray Bentos pies, Smash and tinned spotted dick have gone?  Good Brexit food.  Even if one of them is named after a foreign place in You-Are-Gay.

« Reply #368 on: 14 April, 2020, 07:10:12 pm »

Partner got a fancy Heston one from Waitrose reduced from £20(!!!) to £4 today. Still no flour, though!

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #369 on: 14 April, 2020, 08:17:49 pm »
If your air pollution gets REALLY low ...

https://twitter.com/romainrevert/status/1249798306454212610
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #370 on: 14 April, 2020, 09:13:51 pm »

Sainsbury's seems to be flogging Lindt Gold Bunnies...

« Reply #371 on: 15 April, 2020, 06:29:00 am »
Shopping day today :o :hand: >:( :hand: :thumbsdown:

Bet the bargain Easter eggs are all gone O:-)

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #372 on: 15 April, 2020, 09:59:05 am »

Aren't they always?

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #373 on: 15 April, 2020, 10:54:45 am »

Aren't they always?

They re-package them as reindeer in August.
It is simpler than it looks.

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #374 on: 15 April, 2020, 11:11:04 am »

Aren't they always?

They re-package them as reindeer in August.
They go through an intermediate pumpkin stage.