Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
On The Road / Re: On the commute today
« Last post by The Family Cyclist on Yesterday at 08:29:56 pm »
And my last cycle commute for foreseeable. Was a lot colder then expected this morning so shorts was a brave if slightly ill advised choice. Again was fairly quick by mine and bikes standards this morning. The return leg again seemed to be into a headwind despite the fact seemed to be on back when leaving. Fairly uneventful till an idiot delivery driver in front of me decided to pull completely onto path next to road where I was about to cycle, this made me pay extra attention and good job I did as the driver then opened the door to jump out and do an delivery. A quick bellow from me stopped him.in the door till I'd gone past and I then carried on my way and all good apart from the fact I need to adjust the rear mech where changed cable last week as been loosing gears at back all week so suspect either coming loose or cable stretched
GPS / Re: OS maps enshitification?
« Last post by Horizon on Yesterday at 08:26:32 pm »
They've introduced a bug whereby there is duplicate saving of walked routes when using the Apple Watch app. If I start and and finish using the Watch, the saved route is uploaded to Activities twice. If I start with the watch, but finish with the iPhone - no duplicate. It would seem that both the Watch and the iPhone save their own version of the same route when the route is finished by the Watch. When I eventually found a contact (CustomerServices@os.uk), we went back and forwards, but it went quiet at their end after they'd used up the stock responses. I've also flagged a lot of poor and inconsistent UI issues, which I'm told will be 'flagged to our dev teams'.
The Pub / Re: Furrybootoon?
« Last post by FifeingEejit on Yesterday at 08:21:12 pm »
The use of Ai to make the A sound in Aiberdeen is a fairly recent thing.
The Scots A says A anyway in many accents and dialects.

There is a hamlet called Arniefoul in Angus, someone has added an I to the signs so people say it right.
See also Alyth and Anster
Ctrl-Alt-Del / Re: The computing stuff rant thread
« Last post by SteveC on Yesterday at 08:19:45 pm »
Security certificate issue meaning I cannot get my emails. And TSO seem to have disabled the 'chat' button on their support page, so I assume I am not alone.
And then Mailchimp was playing up, presenting me with a blank screen instead of a list of templates, but at least that has sorted itself now.
I get enough of this sort of hassle during the day, I do not need it in the evenings as well.
Rain, which became hail, which became heavy hail. I was glad I had taken my hat!
The Pub / Re: Super-Twat
« Last post by TheLurker on Yesterday at 08:10:06 pm »
I think that calls for the recycling of that, stupid, Sun headline, "Will the last person to leave Britain please turn out the lights."
The Pub / Re: Tune Association
« Last post by Mr Larrington on Yesterday at 07:53:03 pm »
Digital Smoke Signal ~ Yawning Man
The Pub / Re: Super-Twat
« Last post by Mr Larrington on Yesterday at 07:51:13 pm »
Fishmonger to the Moneyed Gammonati Lance Forman ST has doned a Thinks:

What’s he been smoking… by Mr Larrington, on Flickr
The Pub / Re: Tune Association
« Last post by JefO on Yesterday at 07:38:55 pm »
Communication Breakdown - Roy Orbison
Audax / Re: Double Dutch, Ship of the Fens 200
« Last post by GdS on Yesterday at 07:37:51 pm »
Entered! Will ECE - I'd get the train, but there's a busway in the way... Do you have someone local to check the busway path status? If not, am happy to go and check on the Thursday before the event if that helps.

Yes including another rider who's entered and another OTP, it's more the washed up crap on the path I'm concerned about but thanks for the offer  :)

Ps entries almost at 100, still have a source of Lindt bunnies but that could change this weekend.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]