Author Topic: Have you been out today?  (Read 3904245 times)

Re: Have you been out today?
« Reply #21775 on: 06 April, 2018, 09:54:27 pm »
Our first Friday potter to Henley and back this year for Jonathan notp and me . A lovely ride in warm spring sunshine . I spoke to a cyclist on a cross bike near knowl end who may appear on the forum and a road cyclist near moneyrow green who has been on the forum and ridden with the lovely Charlotte and Julian but said he had lost his password for the forum . Jonathan notp was very slow today but enjoyed his ride :)
the slower you go the more you see

« Reply #21776 on: 07 April, 2018, 08:02:01 am »
Those electrons flowing freely then cycleman?   :thumbsup:

« Reply #21777 on: 07 April, 2018, 08:25:07 am »
I was using the sun EZ3 trike yesterday as Jonathan notp is to slow to keep up with egors power  :)

« Reply #21778 on: 07 April, 2018, 08:39:29 am »
You could have taken Egor and a tow rope ...

« Reply #21779 on: 07 April, 2018, 09:14:04 am »
My Thursday night group regularly takes that path in your second picture and they’re pretty good at sticking to rights of way

I've used it myself, from Bury Lane bridleway entrance, on an audax a few years back.
Cycle and recycle.   SS Wilson

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #21780 on: 07 April, 2018, 05:03:34 pm »
Patisserie + a bit of a climb, lovely weather, 100+ km & 850m climbing, best ride this year if not very fast. Nothing of note but I managed to get my back wheel into a pocket of gravel when I was laid over in a bend: back end hopped sideways a bit. No spill, but I dislocated a toe that went back in when I stood on the pedal. SPD + Carnac unstiff sole, ta muchley.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

« Reply #21781 on: 07 April, 2018, 07:14:07 pm »
got ready for todays ride ..stepped outside and it was spitting :sad: forecast was for shower's so g/f said just let`s go as she need`s to get some miles in for our lochs and glens trip .... so I readjusted my planned route headed  of to Sedgefield via aycliffe village and some off road stuff just so karon could see that the e-bike could handle loose ground thenthe back lanes to our fav coffee stop the number 4 tea shop in Sedgefield...which is when the rain started properly ...then was shocked when I suggested that as we were out and going to wet going home we should still continue route she agreed  :o :o... so off to next café down ncn route 1(I say route 1but its most just a track :laugh::laugh:) to Wynyard station, but it has given her more confidence in the bike capabilities  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: after coffee and pastie`s I thought as we were close to her house we might as well pop in the see her mother in Billingham ...then retraced back to Thorpe Thewles Carlton, Gt Stainton ...had to add a little detour just to get her over the 40 miles mark....  ;D ;D ;D  never got that really wet just dampish

https://www.strava.com/activities/1494659488

« Reply #21782 on: 07 April, 2018, 08:44:54 pm »
Yes. All off about 2 miles tops on new stead. Not a lot of note except that handlebars aren't straight but then they never are when your first assemble the bike however straight they actually look pretty ride.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #21783 on: 08 April, 2018, 09:00:11 am »
PS to my ride: went over to the workshop a bit later and noticed that my back tyre looked a bit wide at the back... Bugger. Now wondering if I'd been riding on a flat for the last n kilometres. It's a tubed Grand Prix on a TLR rim, and the air seems to escape really slowly.

==> fettle for today.

« Reply #21784 on: 08 April, 2018, 10:42:49 am »
We rode the tandem to the Rock Houses, thereby avoiding the motorised chaos in the area. We did the Easter egg hunt then rode down the hill into Kinver for lunch and a visit to the playground and miniature railway before riding back up to the rock houses for a slushie then on home. It was fun  :thumbsup:
Rock houses?
Kinver Rock Houses
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

BrianI

• Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Lepidopterist Man!
« Reply #21785 on: 08 April, 2018, 12:24:03 pm »
A cheeky little 50K this morning.
Dunfermline, Kelty, Cleish, Saline, Redcraigs Toll, Townhill, Dunfermline.

A braw morning for it! :thumbsup:

« Reply #21786 on: 08 April, 2018, 06:21:50 pm »
30 very wet miles on a dreek day with a Sustrans group. Had a visitation  a mile or two from home. turned out to be a tiny triangle of glass.  Bit cold and soaking by this time but a hot shower soon cured that. Hugeley taken aback by the vast acreage of green being excavated to form new A14 and its ancilleries. Brampton village (home of Sam Pepys and Olly Cromwell's dad) and its vast adjacent forest used to be a favourite haunt of Edward the Confessor. There 'aint much forest left.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

« Reply #21787 on: 09 April, 2018, 08:54:16 am »
I went for an explore, so across the Moss using the farm tracks to Martinscroft before picking up the New Cut Trail

Through Victoria Park to pick up the TPT briefly before following the remains of the Runcorn and Latchford canal to Moore nature reserve

I liked Lapwing Woods so much I went back in the afternoon with Mrs S and the dog, then went back again to find Mrs S' phone in the mud.

This route should run all the way to Runcorn via Wigg Island so will make a nice loop with the TPT either side of the Mersey, depending on what the Mersey Gateway has done to things, which I shall investigate shortly.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #21788 on: 09 April, 2018, 10:37:58 am »
We rode the tandem to the Rock Houses, thereby avoiding the motorised chaos in the area. We did the Easter egg hunt then rode down the hill into Kinver for lunch and a visit to the playground and miniature railway before riding back up to the rock houses for a slushie then on home. It was fun  :thumbsup:
Rock houses?
Kinver Rock Houses
Are those the same ones at about 1:30 in this?
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #21789 on: 10 April, 2018, 12:08:53 pm »
Good to hear about some rides around my old stomping ground in South Oxon. Thanks Andyoxon, Cycleman, Orienteer.
Since moving south, and having more kids I’ve not got out that way.
Managed a 16 miler round Brimpton, Greenham to Newbury and back whilst “working from home” this morning while it’s not raining.

seraphina

« Reply #21790 on: 10 April, 2018, 08:05:31 pm »
Took advantage of half term and the smallest small being in nursery to take MissS out on the Followme (which is an excellent bit of kit). Pootled to next village to the playground, at which point she announced she wanted more cycling so off we went to the next village but one for a Curly Wurly.

« Reply #21791 on: 10 April, 2018, 09:42:17 pm »
Pottered up to black park and around stoke poges this evening covering about 7 miles . My cycle computer stopped working part way through the ride . I think the sensor battery has gone flat . I took a few pictures in black park with my new camera which I will try and download onto flika later .  :)

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #21792 on: 11 April, 2018, 08:52:38 am »
Jan and I used the leccy tandem to go to our choir practice last night. Uneventful. 5.1 miles. Started raining on the way back.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #21793 on: 11 April, 2018, 04:18:44 pm »
92k through Germany w. El Prez + nuther club chum. Suspect I went into the red in the cold on 1st climb because on 2nd climb El P was away ahead and it's usually v.v. Didn't have much to eat beforehand, nor yet night before, so was low on reserves. We were planning on 120+ but I felt so grim despite almond bars & so forth I decided to pack before halfway, so we all had lunch in a handy wayside tavern, and thereafter we all turned back together. I felt fine, but I reckon I'd have carked it on a good long climb. Anyway, we took a less lumpy way home, which was stunningly beautiful in the sunshine. Thermometer went up into the teens after lunch but the wind was vile so we were cold until an hour before the end.

Snakehips

• Twixt London and leafy Surrey
« Reply #21794 on: 14 April, 2018, 04:59:59 pm »
Legs were bared !
An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur?

« Reply #21795 on: 14 April, 2018, 05:50:40 pm »
Twelve on this month's Origami ride from Slough on Brompton, Moulton, Dawes machines. Along the Jubilee river (Thames by-pass) to Maidenhead, then up to Cookham mainly off-road for lunch at the Kings Arms.

Brilliant weather, good lunch, and the best and longest ride so far this year  :)

« Reply #21796 on: 14 April, 2018, 07:53:01 pm »
A lovely a warm 30k. first proper ride since January and the legs were out. Over to Mersea island for a picnic. New bike did well. Felt a bit sluggish but then I haven't ridden in months and got heavy puncture resistant tyres and had a fair bit of stuff in panniers. Has a visitation which got fast so was hanging over front as needed to get somewhere off the road to change the tube. Couldn't find anything in tyre or the puncture in tube but have previously mended tube so maybe that is failing. Then a glorious sunny day on the beach with friends and family

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #21797 on: 14 April, 2018, 07:56:59 pm »
Short sleeves weather.   :thumbsup:

Went out to do the shorter (~55km) Henly-in-Icecream loop, but ended up doing the longer one (70km) instead.  My legs are complaining, but hopefully in a good way.

seraphina

« Reply #21798 on: 14 April, 2018, 08:00:19 pm »
SUN!
40km long way into Cambridge and back to meet friends for lunch. Paid £HOW_MUCH!?! at new hipster vegan place for lunch, but even that didn’t dent enjoyment too much. The new A10 infrastructure makes so much difference.

Also, first time in ages not towing or tandemming.

« Reply #21799 on: 14 April, 2018, 08:00:47 pm »
Out to st Albans and back using the mobile electric chair . 55 miles over a fairly hilly route in lovely warm sunshine . I have taken some photos on my new camera and will try and get them on here but as I only have my mobile it might not work   :)