Author Topic: 200km perms that can start in Builth  (Read 1269 times)

200km perms that can start in Builth
« on: 10 April, 2018, 04:19:25 pm »
Once again WonderWool Wales is approaching and Mrs Revellinho is polishing her spinning wheel... so I need a 200km ride starting and finishing in Builth to get me away from it all on the Saturday.  The last two times I have done Cambrian Series 200s and will do one of them again if needed - I think they are the B and D.  Does anyone know of other 200k perms that can use Builth as a start and finish?  I could devise a DIY to my alma mater (Aber), but thought I'd ask...

CrazyEnglishTriathlete

• Miles eaten don't satisfy hunger
  • Chartered accountant in 5 different decades
    • CET Ride Reports and Blogs
Re: 200km perms that can start in Builth
« Reply #1 on: 13 April, 2018, 06:45:48 pm »
The 2B and the 2D are the only ones with a control point in Builth, but you could also consider the 2A which has Llandrindod Wells - Brecon link.  You could either bend this to include a start finish in Builth or ride out to Hundred House, which is on the straight route. 

The 2A and the 2H have a Llanwrtyd Wells - Brecon link which goes over the Drovers Arms - its only 10km extra if you add an extra control in Builth.  The routes are free on the Cambrian Series so that's a couple more to consider.

Eddington Numbers 130 (imperial), 182 (metric) 574 (furlongs)  114 (nautical miles)

« Reply #2 on: 13 April, 2018, 08:44:36 pm »
Thanks - but I have a hankering to go over the mountain road and visit the Vale of Rheidol then on to Aber and also to visit Rhandirmyn (sentimental reasons) so it's looking like a DIY rather than repeating the B/D.

« Reply #3 on: 15 April, 2018, 08:34:36 pm »
What about John Hamiltons Barcud Coch ?  It starts /finishes Llanwrtd Wells not far from Builth.  Could do a similar DIY route from Builth

« Reply #4 on: 16 April, 2018, 07:50:53 pm »
Barcud Coch - good call, thank you for drawing that to my attention.  It can be one for the future, as I won't have a vehicle and don't fancy doing the extra miles - have promised to get back as early as poss, for an evening meal with Mrs Revellinho after the wool fussing has been done.