Author Topic: Finding B&B's 0r 2/3 star hotels when on the road (not pre booking)  (Read 1282 times)

Saw this thread yesterday: 'Finding campsites when on the road' and found it very interesting.

Is there any advice for finding B&B's or 2/3 star hotels on the road, please?
Never knowingly under caffeinated

Re: Finding B&B's 0r 2/3 star hotels when on the road (not pre booking)
« Reply #1 on: 22 July, 2018, 07:26:31 pm »
I used to go to the tourist information office in the town on arrival and ask them. More recently, I’ve used my mobile phone to find somewhere to stay, using the booking.com app. Other apps are available.

Do you have a link to this other thread?
I am often asked, what does YOAV stand for? It stands for Yoav On A Velo

« Reply #2 on: 22 July, 2018, 08:14:19 pm »
As an ex Guest House owner here is a couple of tips.

By all means use the app to find accommodation then phone and ask to book. The app costs the owner at least 15%. Mention you are aware of the commission and ask for a 10% discount. If you get it fine and if not well use the app...  you get your accommodation.

Other tip is if you are leaving VERY early ask for a no breakfast deal.

PH
Bees do nothing invariably.

« Reply #3 on: 22 July, 2018, 10:11:42 pm »
I used to go to the tourist information office in the town on arrival and ask them. More recently, I’ve used my mobile phone to find somewhere to stay, using the booking.com app. Other apps are available.

Do you have a link to this other thread?

https://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=108106.0
Butterfly's post seems a good summary and there isn't much that she doesn't know about camping. A sort of toned down Josie Drew  :)

Did you have any problems getting accommodation or did you always find somewhere?

« Reply #4 on: 22 July, 2018, 10:13:13 pm »
As an ex Guest House owner here is a couple of tips.
By all means use the app to find accommodation then phone and ask to book. The app costs the owner at least 15%. Mention you are aware of the commission and ask for a 10% discount. If you get it fine and if not well use the app...  you get your accommodation.
Other tip is if you are leaving VERY early ask for a no breakfast deal.
PH

Thanks for the help. That's very useful.