Author Topic: CUK 10% discount on YHA accommodation when booking online  (Read 1478 times)

CUK 10% discount on YHA accommodation when booking online
« on: 02 October, 2018, 12:50:27 pm »
Anyone know how to get CUK's 10% discount on YHA accommodation when booking online?

This page: https://www.cyclinguk.org/member-benefits/10-off-yha-accommodation-bookings

says:

* Discount available online www.yha.org.uk.

And I satisfy all of the other conditions, but can't find out how to get the discount on the YHA site.

(I've already booked my accommodation and I'm not fussed about getting the 10% back, but would like to know for future reference.)

[EDIT] Have emailed them.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

Re: CUK 10% discount on YHA accommodation when booking online
« Reply #1 on: 02 October, 2018, 02:31:00 pm »
The answer:-

"
Thank you for your email regarding discounted bookings.  You will have to call on the number listed below to make any discounted bookings in the future.  As the discount cannot be applied to online bookings.
"

Wonder how I let CUK know that their site is incorrect.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #2 on: 02 October, 2018, 06:01:35 pm »
Wonder how I let CUK know that their site is incorrect.

I'd try emailing webmaster@cyclinguk.org in the first instance.

« Reply #3 on: 02 October, 2018, 07:32:27 pm »
I'd try emailing webmaster@cyclinguk.org in the first instance.

Good point. Done.

« Reply #4 on: 04 October, 2018, 09:58:06 am »
Apparently there's a code you can enter, but nothing to tell you this and no information on where to get the code.

I guess you have to be logged in to the site to see it, but I tried to register an account (guess I didn't already have one) and the confirmation link it sends me has already expired. If I click the "email me a new password" link then it sends me another link that, when clicked, complains about having expired.

YHA must use the same system as the links look very similar and I complained to them about exactly the same problem earlier in the week.

« Reply #5 on: 04 October, 2018, 01:01:44 pm »
It gives the required info if you're logged in (apparently).

The site should say that you have to log in to get the info (it doesn't, but they'll update it).

And they've passed on the password reset problem on to the appropriate people (no I don't want to reset it by phone, I didn't have an account for the 12 years I've been a member, I can wait for it to be fixed online.)