Author Topic: One for the IT experts? and HELP!  (Read 838 times)

One for the IT experts? and HELP!
« on: 24 March, 2009, 04:01:05 pm »
As reported recently I sacked my Brother "all in one" Printer and replaced it with a Canon Pixma. The installation disk was a horrible mixture of Thai and English and impossible  for me to follow completely. Canon Thailand were requested to send me an English Installation disk which  when it arrived was totally blank >:(. I managed to find another source for Printer software, Print Country Drivers and Inks in the USA, down loaded the files, deleted  all the existing Thai stuff off my Computer and started to install the new. Blow me down with a feather the Thai stuff came up again! :o

I knew that my Computer and two Browsers were set up for UK English only so how come I am getting the Thai Language when I have banned it. And why are the downloaded files exactly the same as the CD Rom installation disk. Methinks the download link must have taken me to Canon Thailand  but not sure?

The download is quite quick so if some kind soul will go to the Website of Print Country Drivers, down load the 140 series Canon Pixma Drivers plus MP Navigator and e-mail them, it will be greatly appreciated.

Edit. I have found the Canon Europe English Driver files which I am now down loading. Hopefully these will remain in English ::-) and not be corrupted by the Thai version as before.

"100% PURE FREAKING AWESOME"

Re: One for the IT experts? and HELP!
« Reply #1 on: 24 March, 2009, 04:19:31 pm »
Which model Pixima is it ?
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

« Reply #2 on: 24 March, 2009, 04:25:57 pm »
It's the Canon 145 Pixma that uses the 140 series Drivers. I have edited my first post to say that I have located the Canon Europe English Drivers and I am down loading them now.

« Reply #3 on: 24 March, 2009, 04:28:20 pm »
I dont need to get them for you then :)
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

« Reply #4 on: 24 March, 2009, 05:30:04 pm »
Please stand bye. I never know what the next turn of frustration may be:P

Canon Thailand, the experts?, massacred the English Installation Disk, Brother on the other hand had the common sense to issue English and Thai versions of the C. D. My Scanner installation also has a problem but  I can't read the Thai explanation. There may be a conflict with my earlier Programme. I retained the main page as it contains most of our Clinic stationery in pdf format to print when needed. That should be easy to solve by moving the files to my Serif Programme and deleting the Scanport page.

Anyway I have managed to print some new business cards on 200 gsm paper which worked a treat and I have noticed that the printed text is rather nice. I have also had a good look at their Utility programmes which may be useful.