Author Topic: New Bike Rack  (Read 829 times)

New Bike Rack
« on: 25 July, 2009, 08:59:24 pm »
I bought a bike rack more than 20 years ago and it's bent and rusty and I can imagine that one day I'm going to lose my bike and cause something of a traffic incident in the process .... time to buy a new one  :thumbsup: !!

Can any one offer any guidance ....

I'd like to carry two bikes and don't want to spend excessively.  Currently have a Ford Mondeo Estate, but changing this soon, probably need something fairly standard and multi-purpose ??

Thanks

alan

Re: New Bike Rack
« Reply #1 on: 25 July, 2009, 09:04:31 pm »
I suggest a bit of browsing on the following sites
Halfords
Thule
Witter
Pendle
E-Bay
Wiggle

« Reply #2 on: 25 July, 2009, 10:00:46 pm »
We bought ours from InMotionProducts.com
We already had the ladder rack for the car, then added the front fork and rear wheel holders. The front wheels get put inside the car.
Theres 10% off at the moment, whist the tour is on

Zipperhead

• The cyclist formerly known as Big Helga
« Reply #3 on: 25 July, 2009, 10:31:39 pm »
Can I add The Roofbox company. I've had very good service from them in the past.
Won't somebody think of the hamsters!

Pedaldog.

• Heedlessly impulsive, reckless, rash.
  • The Madcap!
« Reply #4 on: 26 July, 2009, 08:41:55 pm »
If you don't have roofrails on the car I can actually recommend the Halfords own brand rear rack. Says it's good for three bikes and is quite good quality. Think I paid £56-99 for it, not sure if it was a reduced offer at the time though.
You touch my Coffee and I'll slap you so hard, even Google won't be able to find you!

« Reply #5 on: 26 July, 2009, 10:15:28 pm »
Thanks for the info.   I've had a poke around and there's so much to choose from - I suspect they're all far better than my old one.  I went for that Halfords 3 bike carrier - £58.  Thanks -  :thumbsup: