Author Topic: R. I. P. Lemmy  (Read 5871 times)

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
Re: R. I. P. Lemmy
« Reply #25 on: 30 December, 2015, 03:44:47 pm »
If anyone can tell me what the lyrics of "Lost Johnny" were all about...  Though I suspect Micky Farren may have had a hand in them.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

rr

« Reply #26 on: 30 December, 2015, 11:45:59 pm »
I heard motorhead on their ace of spades tour.
They started very late because they were on top of the pops and then had the 3 hour drive to Malvern. I think they started at around 11:15 and the plug was pulled on they soon after midnight.
They sounded good from my bed a mile away.

« Reply #27 on: 31 December, 2015, 01:09:16 am »
Slightly OT DNA diversion:
(click to show/hide)
;D  :thumbsup:
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #28 on: 31 December, 2015, 01:20:39 pm »
In the mid-1980s I went to a Deviants revival gig at Dingwalls (and lent Mick Farren my lighter).  We were elbowed out of the bar queue by Lemmy, buying (or possibly blagging) drinks for himself and Wilko Johnson.

Now Lemmy and Micky are gone and Wilko only narrowly survived his own brush with DETH :'(. But my grate frend Mr Woolrich and I have tickets for Wilko at the Forum in April :thumbsup:

« Reply #29 on: 01 January, 2016, 09:52:49 pm »
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

« Reply #30 on: 01 January, 2016, 10:37:13 pm »
;D :thumbsup:
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #31 on: 02 January, 2016, 10:17:54 am »
I think Lemmy would be unhappy with the portrayal of his instrument.
Getting there...

« Reply #32 on: 05 January, 2016, 11:46:05 pm »
https://www.change.org/p/support-lemmy-tribute-name-newly-discovered-heavy-metal-lemmium?recruiter=27697138&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=autopublish&utm_term=des-lg-no_src-no_msg

Heavy rock lost its most iconic figure over Christmas with the sudden and unexpected death of Ian 'Lemmy' Kilmister.  Lemmy was a force of nature and the very essence of heavy metal.  We believe it is fitting that the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry recommend that one of the four new discovered Heavy Metals in the Periodic table is named Lemmium.  An astrological object (a star) has been named Lemmy to meet the IUPAC naming recommendations

;D

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #33 on: 06 January, 2016, 10:44:54 am »
Erm... astrological?
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Rhys W

• I'm single, bilingual
    • Cardiff Ajax
« Reply #34 on: 07 January, 2016, 12:21:51 am »

Woofage

• Tofu-eating Wokerati
  • Ain't no hooves on my bike.
« Reply #35 on: 07 January, 2016, 02:54:42 pm »
Pen Pusher

« Reply #36 on: 23 January, 2016, 07:55:45 pm »
Just watched 'Lemmy' on iplayer. Two hours of the legend recounting his life, drugs and rock'n'roll.
He was also addicted to one armed bandits and collecting ww2 (mostly nazi) memorabilia. He never slept with 2000 different women either, it was only 1000 ;D

What a legend.
OnOne Pickenflick - Tour De Fer 20 - Pinnacle Arkose cx - Charge Cooker maxi2 fatty - GT Zaskar Carbon Expert

« Reply #37 on: 23 January, 2016, 08:15:49 pm »
If you like horror stories!

StuAff

• Folding not boring
« Reply #38 on: 23 January, 2016, 09:09:12 pm »
My favourite line is his son Paul recounting Dad's drugs advice.

'Promise me you won't do coke. Do speed, it's much better for you.'

Henry Rollins talked at length with considerable warmth about Lemmy during his spoken-word show at the Barbican last week. Some years ago, he did a (sadly unavailable to buy now, it's on YouTube though) benefit album for the wrongly-convicted West Memphis Three, 'Rise Above'- 24 Black Flag songs with the Rollins Band plus guest singers (Tom Araya, Iggy Pop, Mike Patton, Chuck D…). Most of the singers he needed to get through friends & contacts (Slayer's manager just said no, though Tom Araya said yes immediately once asked), took a while to respond....Lemmy he got in one call, and said yes, 'because you're my friend'.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #40 on: 17 June, 2020, 06:06:14 pm »

« Reply #41 on: 17 June, 2020, 06:32:14 pm »
https://www.kerrang.com/the-news/theres-reportedly-a-lemmy-kilmister-biopic-in-the-works/

Noooooooooooooo!  Whoever They cast as Lemmy will be Wrong.  Guaranteed.

Yebbut the make-up/prosthetic artist ought to be in line for an award or two.  :demon: ;)
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

« Reply #42 on: 17 June, 2020, 07:12:52 pm »
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #43 on: 19 June, 2020, 02:46:44 pm »
It could get interesting when they start on the Lemmeister's time in Hawkwind.  A while back the Beeb did a doco on the band and all went swimmingly until Dave Brock learned that Nik Turner was also being interviewed for the programme.  Whereupon Brock threw a hissy fit and wouldn't let any of his interview footage into the final cut.  FWIW, Mr Turner's book - which was published when Lemmy was still alive - seems to indicate that he didn't like Lemmy very much.