Author Topic: Wanted : Pelso style J-Bars  (Read 306 times)

Wanted : Pelso style J-Bars
« on: 02 April, 2024, 08:39:45 pm »
After much faffing about with different stem lengths and angles I've come to the conclusion that the standard Superman bars are not going to work for me.  I just can't get the right combination of knee/shin clearance, steering clearance and forward visibility (I'm 6'3" with long legs).  Best option looks to be Pelso style J-Bars but the only place I can find any are from Pelso themselves but the postage is extortionate, and they aren't cheap to begin with.

Does anyone have a set they would be willing to part with?

Thanks.

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
Re: Wanted : Pelso style J-Bars
« Reply #1 on: 03 April, 2024, 04:53:20 pm »
could you get a local metal bender to make some?
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

« Reply #2 on: 03 April, 2024, 05:35:48 pm »
It might be worth contacting Performer in Taiwan as they make and supply the Schlitter Freestyle which comes with J Bars (which are actually a Schlitter design) and their postage charges are reasonable.  I paid less postage for my entire Schlitter frameset with bars than Pelso are charging to ship just the bars!

« Reply #3 on: 03 April, 2024, 08:08:14 pm »
could you get a local metal bender to make some?

Have thought about that but without the J-Bar specific "stem" you'd have no reach adjustment on the bars so you'd have to get them bent perfectly first time.

« Reply #4 on: 03 April, 2024, 08:09:06 pm »
It might be worth contacting Performer in Taiwan as they make and supply the Schlitter Freestyle which comes with J Bars (which are actually a Schlitter design) and their postage charges are reasonable.  I paid less postage for my entire Schlitter frameset with bars than Pelso are charging to ship just the bars!

Ah, thanks, I'll look them up and see what's possible!