Author Topic: PBP hi viz vest  (Read 31838 times)

zigzag

• unfuckwithable
Re: PBP hi viz vest
« Reply #175 on: 27 August, 2019, 03:59:59 pm »
All the information I have is that Marko Baloh is the fastest Vedette, and I've got footage of him putting on a PBP 2015 vest at Loudeac on the return.
according to chip times:

b169 44:47:36
b016 44:48:47

rob

« Reply #176 on: 27 August, 2019, 04:02:45 pm »
All the information I have is that Marko Baloh is the fastest Vedette, and I've got footage of him putting on a PBP 2015 vest at Loudeac on the return.

A group of 3 finished together - it was on Marko's Facebook page.   That said they crossed 'the finish line' together but that as we know now wasn't the finish line as that was hidden round the corner.

zigzag

• unfuckwithable
« Reply #177 on: 27 August, 2019, 04:07:18 pm »
if the winner (b169) of pbp was ok wearing (non e1150) reflective straps does that make it ok for everyone to wear anything remotely hi-viz/reflective? from looking around i'd say half or more riders were non-compliant at night, some didn't even bother putting anything reflective or hi-viz in the dark even ignoring requests from moto riders :facepalm:

Surely the faster rider Hajo, F085 is the winner? Not that PBP has winner, just fastest rider.

velomobiles are a different class, so they don't count in the same (general) classification as far as i'm concerned.

rob

« Reply #178 on: 27 August, 2019, 04:12:47 pm »
The motos weren’t sufficiently robust in getting riders to follow the rules. I’m drafting an email to ACP about the good and bad things from this edition and other riders should do the same.

I was definitely told by a moto rider to put my gilet on last time even through I didn't think it was really dusk at the time.   We were told leaving one control this time to put gilets on before they let us out of the bike parking.

I didn't see anyone getting a bollocking this time, though.

simonp

« Reply #179 on: 27 August, 2019, 04:18:23 pm »
Motos asked if I was ok a couple of times. Everyone seemed to have the gilets on around me, at night. Some with no/poor lights.

« Reply #180 on: 27 August, 2019, 04:33:52 pm »
according to chip times:

The chip times don't reflect the reality. In racing terms the Rambouillet start is a 'depart fictif'. The actual start is when the lead vehicles pull off. Before that the field is controlled at about 30kph. Marko was off in the B group, so the comparison should be between the A,B,C,D and E, departs reels. Marko was the first over the line, but must have passed over the start timer before B169. It's a road race in format, not a time trial.

Ken Tax was in the A group. Hajo arrived just a minute later than the first group of three.

zigzag

• unfuckwithable
« Reply #181 on: 27 August, 2019, 04:55:28 pm »
according to chip times:

The chip times don't reflect the reality. In racing terms the Rambouillet start is a 'depart fictif'. The actual start is when the lead vehicles pull off. Before that the field is controlled at about 30kph. Marko was off in the B group, so the comparison should be between the A,B,C,D and E, departs reels. Marko was the first over the line, but must have passed over the start timer before B169. It's a road race in format, not a time trial.

Ken Tax was in the A group. Hajo arrived just a minute later than the first group of three.

maybe, but i'd view it more as a time trial because the starting waves can be hours apart. i've also found this article, saying that Marko was second.