Author Topic: garmin gpsmap 64 bar mount  (Read 1516 times)

garmin gpsmap 64 bar mount
« on: 13 March, 2016, 08:59:44 pm »
Anyone got a handlebar mount for the Garmin map 64 ?
if so, where from ?
seems to be some confusion amongst sellers, some quoting map 62 as being suitable, some not.

thanks in advance, I hope

Feanor

• It's mostly downhill from here.
Re: garmin gpsmap 64 bar mount
« Reply #1 on: 13 March, 2016, 09:26:51 pm »
If you go to Garmin's website, and look at the GPSMAP 62 and GPSMAP 64, and click on the Accessories tab and expand up 'mounts', you will find the bike mounts both take you to the same item:

https://buy.garmin.com/en-GB/GB/shop-by-accesories/mounts/bike-cart-mount/prod11411_010-11023-00.html

Look at the 'Compatible Devices' tab on that link.
So yes, they are the same.

Be aware that e-bay specials are often poor quality copies, which will drop the GPS unit at the slightest bump.
Get a proper Garmin unit from a proper supplier.
And even then, a lanyard is advisable.

As a rule of thumb, on e-bay, the more often they use the word GENUINE and the bigger the font size, the less likely it is to be genuine.

« Reply #2 on: 14 March, 2016, 08:43:13 am »
thanks Feanor
as Sherlock never said, how did I miss that. easily said Watson.
got a mount for an etrex so saves a bit of dosh

« Reply #3 on: 16 March, 2016, 03:00:25 pm »
same mount as etrex30
only snag is, I did a bit o` fettlin` on the etrex mount. couldn't get the so**in thing off or on without a mighty struggle
So the 64 is a tad loose at the back end (bit like me after the sigmoidoscopy this morning  :hand: )
tightens up with a few squares of `L` tape, 64, not me...
Had a look on the RAM MOUNTS site. RAM-HOL-GA41

« Reply #4 on: 16 March, 2016, 03:10:11 pm »
Ram mount arrived today
like it. very robust looking, actually holds 64. need to make a mount to put it on my short and steep stem, so it will be handy but out of the way of lights and stuff
mount comes with a selection of bolt lengths and 2 nyloc nuts
if all else fails I will get a new etrex mount

« Reply #5 on: 16 March, 2016, 03:35:36 pm »
I use the ram mounts with my 64, they can be rattly off road. I used helitape inside the cradle, placed at the touch points. Worked a treat :thumbsup:

I gave up on trying to mount onto my fatbike short stem, it's now on the bars and looks odd :-\
OnOne Pickenflick - Tour De Fer 20 - Pinnacle Arkose cx - Charge Cooker maxi2 fatty - GT Zaskar Carbon Expert

« Reply #6 on: 16 March, 2016, 07:09:29 pm »
I gave up on trying to mount onto my fatbike short stem, it's now on the bars and looks odd :-\

just about reached the same conclusion
bit of shuffling` abart and a spacegrip or similar from the `wont need that again` pile in the corner should do the trick....or not