Author Topic: Edge 830: remind how do do this...  (Read 494 times)

Edge 830: remind how do do this...
« on: 29 January, 2024, 03:04:47 pm »
Using a different phone for 830-Connect/Strava syncing, and for some reason this extra info has appeared at the bottom of the 830 screen.  It could be because I was just using the data screen and the navigation map appeared for junctions, as heading is on the data screen, but not Time To Point.  Anyone remember how to turn off/stop these extra lower screen fields from appearing?  It's just unecessary reduction of mapping screen

PXL_830-124 by ao, on Flickr
Cycle and recycle.   SS Wilson

Re: Edge 830: remind how do do this...
« Reply #1 on: 29 January, 2024, 08:40:32 pm »
Setting -> data screens then find map page. Then change number of data fields on it.

« Reply #2 on: 29 January, 2024, 09:57:38 pm »
Thanks. 
Went to Profile>Data screens>Map (always) there are 0 layout & data fields.  The data screen I was on has a load of fields, but there doesn't seem to be a way to have the temporary pop up map navigation screen prompt to appear (as you approach a junction) without heading & time to point.  Not a biggy, as it's not there if I'm on the main navigation map anyway, and if I want max map area I'll stay on the main map.
Cycle and recycle.   SS Wilson

« Reply #3 on: 30 January, 2024, 06:25:14 am »
Sure you’ll find it if you look hard enough. The setting menus don’t go that deep but do seem to differ by model.

« Reply #4 on: 30 January, 2024, 09:04:35 am »
According to the pdf manual
it's tied to activity profiles.

>activity profile>Navigation>Map>Guide Text