Author Topic: Long finger gloves s  (Read 864 times)

Long finger gloves s
« on: 16 March, 2024, 01:16:32 pm »
My most comfortable gloves are izumi track mitts, in winter (about 4-5 months) I use lobsters from pc and have buffalo mitts for proper cold.
I have some flandria style full finger izumi gloves, but they are not as comfortable as the track mitts and not very dexterous.  I am after
A pair of long finger gloves that are wind/water resistant, the gore one/gabba of the long finger world.
A pair of lightweight full finger gloves, for when it's still too cold for track mitts.
Suggestions?
simplicity, truth, equality, peace

Re: Long finger gloves s
« Reply #1 on: 16 March, 2024, 01:18:17 pm »
Castelli Spettacolo gloves are very expensive, but really really good.

« Reply #2 on: 16 March, 2024, 01:33:40 pm »
I have 2 pairs of these and would recommend them. I have spent much more in the past and been less satisified. Spot on for the period when it’s not Buffalo mitt weather but too cold for short finger gloves. Check out the reviews.

https://www.galibier.cc/product/ardennes-light-winter-cycling-gloves/

« Reply #3 on: 16 March, 2024, 03:56:01 pm »
I like the Boardman Windproof gloves from Halfords for when it's just a bit too chilly for mitts, but not really cold. I've recently bought replacements for the three year old pair I've worn out, there's some minor differences but they seem fundamentally the same.  The originals did stretch a bit after some use and I'm hoping the replacements will as well.  Around twenty quid before any discounts you can get.

Zed43

• prefers UK hills over Dutch mountains
« Reply #4 on: 16 March, 2024, 04:28:24 pm »
I have a pair of hybrid gloves from Craft that I really like though my pair was more like €25 and the covers are not waterproof. For me, packing this for an audax is as essential as packing a rain jacket (unless it's below 5 degrees C, then I bring an arsenal of stuff to try keeping my hands from going numb).

« Reply #5 on: 16 March, 2024, 06:21:48 pm »
liking the look of the castellis, but they do seem on the bulky side - hard to tell from pictures (I have gloves that appeared svelte but are bulky in real life).
Any thoughts on Stolen Goat climb and conquer, Altura all roads or anything by gore? 
I have a worrying feeling I will have to go to shops, speak with actual people...
simplicity, truth, equality, peace

« Reply #6 on: 16 March, 2024, 07:04:56 pm »
Ejendals Tegera 517. Maybe more like work gloves than cycle gloves, but quite warm and not too bulky. And quite reasonably priced.
https://www.safetygloves.co.uk/ejendals-tegera-517-insulated-waterproof-precision-work-gloves.html

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #7 on: 17 March, 2024, 08:18:42 pm »
Endura FS260 neoprene gloves are warm, waterproof and windproof but maintain dexterity better than any other full-finger glove I've had.
https://www.evanscycles.com/brand/endura/fs260-pro-nemo-glove-ii-939194
It seems they also do a pale blue version and fluorescent yellow, if bright is your thing.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #8 on: 18 March, 2024, 08:57:29 am »
I have 2 pairs of these and would recommend them. I have spent much more in the past and been less satisified. Spot on for the period when it’s not Buffalo mitt weather but too cold for short finger gloves. Check out the reviews.

https://www.galibier.cc/product/ardennes-light-winter-cycling-gloves/
I had a pair of these but they were too small for my fingernails. I passed them on to No1Daughter.

I wear a pair of flimsy long finger Specialized, a pair of Loffi, and a non cycling pair of Loffi. Smiley faces are more important to me than comfort.

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #9 on: 24 March, 2024, 07:28:12 pm »
SQ labs and Spatz both do lightweight long fingers gloves that have pullout wind/waterproof covers that make them very toasty. I'm very happy with my pairs of both
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

« Reply #10 on: 24 March, 2024, 09:57:01 pm »
Ejendals Tegera 517. Maybe more like work gloves than cycle gloves, but quite warm and not too bulky. And quite reasonably priced.
https://www.safetygloves.co.uk/ejendals-tegera-517-insulated-waterproof-precision-work-gloves.html
I tried these gloves on Saturday (23rd March 2024) and found them to be rubbish. They did not
keep my hands and fingers warm, despite me wearing woollen liners underneath them. They
only cost about £12, so I didn't waste too much money on them. Definitely not for cooler temperatures.

ravenbait

• Someone's imaginary friend
  • No, RB3, you can't have more tupperware.
    • Someone's imaginary friend
« Reply #11 on: 25 March, 2024, 11:54:10 am »
This past year has seen me trying nearly every glove under the sun, as I've developed this thing where my hands are either boiling hot or freezing cold and nothing in between.

I have two pairs of Galibier gloves -- the deep winter and the new Mistral are both excellent. I wear the Mistral for all sorts of things other than cycling. They are light and thin and don't impact dexterity.

I also treated myself to a pair of Grip Grab polartec insulated gloves, which are again lightweight (and I got them in the wiggle sale, so not too expensive). I haven't had an opportunity to use them in anger, but I like what I've seen. Wouldn't use them for walking the dog. Would keep them for long rides in foul, very cold weather.

The Showers Pass gloves I have are also pretty good, but the waterproof knitted ones aren't padded (so fine for short trips to the shops, but I wouldn't want to wear them for more than 90 minutes or so), and the windproof softshell aren't waterproof (showerproof, so fine for mizzle, but not when it's properly raining). I've had a long email exchange with the chap who runs Shower Pass in the UK, which boiled down to: "There is no one glove that will do everything you want." I would agree with this, so I suppose you need to decide what conditions you want to tackle with any given glove.

The only glove I've got that I would thoroughly not recommend for anything is the Spatz Glovz, which are inadequately padded, have weird seams in the wrong places, and the windblocking shield does no such thing. Weird, because I love all the rest of my Spatz gear.

I've also got some cheap and cheerful PlanetX and Carnac gloves, which do pretty well given how little they cost.

Sam
https://ravenbait.com
"Created something? Hah! But that would be irresponsible! And unethical! I would never, ever make... more than one."