Author Topic: Outlook Email Problem  (Read 880 times)

valkyrie

• Look at the state of your face!
    • West Lothian Clarion
Outlook Email Problem
« on: 06 November, 2020, 12:12:40 pm »
I'm banging my head against a wall with this one!

For the last 20 years or so I've used an email address which is my.name@isp.co.uk. I've just bought a new computer and installed Microsoft Office 365 which includes Outlook as an email client, which I like. The problem I have is that my Microsoft user name is my old email name, which is what they've called my new Microsoft email account. If I look at the detail in Outlook behind my old email name then it's actually more like sdfjkl2457@microsoft.com It's not connected to my old account and I can't find a way of getting rid of it or adding my old account back in. Any ideas?
World Class Excuses for Piss-Poor Performances

Mike J

• Guinea Pig Person
Re: Outlook Email Problem
« Reply #1 on: 06 November, 2020, 07:27:35 pm »
Where are you seeing this in the programme itself?

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

FifeingEejit

• Not Small
« Reply #3 on: 06 November, 2020, 09:58:33 pm »
From memory (of Outlook on works laptop) on the options page there is the option to add an account.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/add-an-email-account-to-outlook-6e27792a-9267-4aa4-8bb6-c84ef146101b#:~:text=Add%20a%20new%20account%20quickly&text=Select%20Outlook%20>%20Preferences%20>%20Account.,Type%20your%20password%20>%20Add%20Account.

That looks about right; I've got 3 addresses in my Outlook 365 Desktop App and only one of them is MS (an ancient Hotmail account I barely use)

valkyrie

• Look at the state of your face!
    • West Lothian Clarion
« Reply #4 on: 07 November, 2020, 07:10:45 pm »
I couldn’t add my old email account because the new Outlook email account had the same name. After much faffing I finally got the new account renamed, then I could add my old email.
World Class Excuses for Piss-Poor Performances