Author Topic: Don't post spoilers in the titles  (Read 2131 times)

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
Don't post spoilers in the titles
« on: 10 August, 2008, 11:41:16 am »
Some will not want to see the result till they see the result IYSWIM.

So please do not post the results in the title..
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
Re: Don't post spoilers in the titles
« Reply #1 on: 10 August, 2008, 01:22:35 pm »
To be fair to the celebratory thread posters there's almost blanket coverage of the Olympics and it is quite different to other events, where it is possible to stay away from coverage.

Would it be difficult to stay away from here too if a news blackout is wanted until the event is watched?

Celebrate success I say!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
It is simpler than it looks.

Maladict

« Reply #2 on: 10 August, 2008, 01:47:42 pm »
All you have to do is put "spoiler" in the title and save the actual result for the posting.  Is it really too much to ask?

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #3 on: 11 August, 2008, 10:52:17 am »
All you have to do is put "spoiler" in the title and save the actual result for the posting.  Is it really too much to ask?

Exactly - you can say the same things in your post, it takes no extra effort, and everyone's happy.

We managed during Le Tour, didn't we?
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

gonzo

« Reply #4 on: 11 August, 2008, 10:57:18 am »
Would no one have been suspicious seeing "Women's road race - spoiler" followed by 4 pages of discussion if what happened didn't? ;)

PS. I managed to avoid an entire day of TdF so I didn't know if Cav won. Avoided everything, until I logged onto the ITV site to watch the highlights where there was a full page pic of Cav winning. Doh!

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
« Reply #5 on: 11 August, 2008, 10:59:20 am »
Would no one have been suspicious seeing "Women's road race - spoiler" followed by 4 pages of discussion?

"Womens road race-spoiler" in while you were away, or recent threads. No problem.

You can then avoid the racing thread and keep up with everything else prior to watching whatever highlights.

..d
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

gonzo

« Reply #6 on: 11 August, 2008, 12:05:34 pm »
I've had another idea: start loads of threads with misleading titles purely to put people off the scent that way, you'll never know which ones to believe!

« Reply #7 on: 11 August, 2008, 03:53:17 pm »
To be fair to the celebratory thread posters there's almost blanket coverage of the Olympics and it is quite different to other events, where it is possible to stay away from coverage.

Would it be difficult to stay away from here too if a news blackout is wanted until the event is watched?

Celebrate success I say!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I'm managing quite well** in avoiding the olympics thus far.  It'd be nice if there was a new "Olympics" board in here though so that I could ignore it.

** Father in law was round yesterday, so we had to have it on at full volume.  I got called through because "Cycling" was on.

I apologise now to everybody for the ride coverage I've forced on you in the past, I hadn't realised how boring cycling is.  To me cycling is all about seeing the scenery and getting out there to ride.  Having to sit and watch the cycling in the olympics made me realise just how much that fails to be conveyed, and due to boredom I wandered off again to make a cup of tea.   I'll try not to discuss my cycling on here anymore now that I've realised how boring it is for the non-rider.