Author Topic: Members Fixed Gear & SS  (Read 334592 times)

Oaky

• ACME Fire Safety Officer
  • Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
Re: Members Fixed Gear & SS
« Reply #750 on: 22 January, 2012, 08:53:01 am »
What's in the bag, Clarion?

Tools for tightening the chain?  :P ;D
You are in a maze of twisty flat droves, all alike.

85.4 miles from Marsh Gibbon

Audax Club Mid-Essex Fire Safety Officer
http://acme.bike

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #751 on: 22 January, 2012, 09:33:40 am »
Plenty of tools, aye, big lock, spare clothes, maps, bike brochures, Saturday Guardian, Arallsopp's book, thermos, medicines, MAL, FAK, keys, wallet, batteries, some spare parts I forgot to offload at home, folding backpack, space for the shopping we CBA to do.

You know, the usual.  Basics, like ;)
Getting there...

« Reply #752 on: 22 January, 2012, 09:59:33 am »
Is that a holder for a map or the newpaper?

John Henry

« Reply #753 on: 22 January, 2012, 10:15:10 am »
That's the first fixed/SS bike I've seen with bar end shifters.

I'm sure there's a perfectly sensible explanation.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #754 on: 22 January, 2012, 10:16:45 am »
Mapholder.  Only just fitted it.  It's a Klickfix, so I can remove it when not needed.  I'm fed up of carrying maps in my back pocket.
Getting there...

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #755 on: 22 January, 2012, 10:18:37 am »
John Henry - Hi, btw - the explanation is that it is fixed, but it's not single speed. ;D

S3X appeal ;)
Getting there...

John Henry

« Reply #756 on: 22 January, 2012, 10:20:11 am »
John Henry - Hi, btw - the explanation is that it is fixed, but it's not single speed. ;D

S3X appeal ;)

Of course - doh, should have thought of that. Nice, by the way. I like bikes that look lived-in.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #757 on: 22 January, 2012, 10:39:02 am »
It's actually my newest bike - by about a decade and a half!  It's my commuter/workhorse, and spends a lot of time in London, hence the complete lack of bling, and load of stickers.  Done about 9000km so far.
Getting there...

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #758 on: 22 January, 2012, 01:16:54 pm »
Plenty of tools, aye, big lock, spare clothes, maps, bike brochures, Saturday Guardian, Arallsopp's book, thermos, medicines, MAL, FAK, keys, wallet, batteries, some spare parts I forgot to offload at home, folding backpack, space for the shopping we CBA to do.

You know, the usual.  Basics, like ;)

Oh - and two cameras ;D
Getting there...

bloomers100

• ACME's Head of Sexual Health and Family Planning
« Reply #759 on: 28 January, 2012, 03:03:28 pm »

Recently acquired on here. Added mudguards and bull horn bars, intend to do something else re luggage but I've run out of pocket money.                                                       

« Reply #760 on: 28 January, 2012, 05:15:02 pm »
My new toy.

« Reply #761 on: 03 February, 2012, 07:10:52 pm »

My Singular Swift with bivvy kit in the Doethie Valley, on a S27O last weekend (like a S24O but 3 hours late).

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #762 on: 03 February, 2012, 07:17:00 pm »
My new toy.

are you using that on tomorrow's E.M. fixed ride?

« Reply #763 on: 03 February, 2012, 07:35:11 pm »
That's the plan.   :thumbsup:

« Reply #764 on: 03 February, 2012, 08:15:52 pm »

The rear cog and disc makes it look like an optical illusion  :thumbsup:

« Reply #765 on: 03 February, 2012, 08:41:43 pm »

My Singular Swift with bivvy kit in the Doethie Valley, on a S27O last weekend (like a S24O but 3 hours late).

Chain's a bit...

;D

Chris N

« Reply #766 on: 03 February, 2012, 08:48:24 pm »
It really was very slack.  That's my back wheel you can see in Paul's first picture - he obviously didn't want my bike showing his up cos he didn't take any pics of it. :(

αdαmsκι

• Instagram @ucfaaay Strava @ucfaaay
  • Look haggard. It sells.
« Reply #767 on: 03 February, 2012, 08:50:50 pm »
That's my back wheel you can see in Paul's first picture - he obviously didn't want my bike showing his up cos he didn't take any pics of it. :(

The tiny bit of orange was enough for me to figure that out already. (Oh, and the location too!)
What on earth am I doing here on this beautiful day?! This is the only life I've got!!

https://tyredandhungry.wordpress.com/

IanDG

• The p*** artist formerly known as 'Windy'
    • the_dandg_rouleur
« Reply #768 on: 03 February, 2012, 10:29:09 pm »
Bob - an arty farty holga shot

bob jackson by windy_, on Flickr

« Reply #769 on: 04 February, 2012, 08:23:45 am »
Chain's a bit...

;D

It's not fixed, just singlespeed. No need for uber-tightness. An EBB means I can use a normal QR skewer as well.

It really was very slack.  That's my back wheel you can see in Paul's first picture - he obviously didn't want my bike showing his up cos he didn't take any pics of it. :(

Chris didn't even bring a camera, but by popular demand... (about the best picture I have, also in the Doethie Valley)

« Reply #770 on: 04 February, 2012, 08:48:43 am »
Did the dog 'lube' the front ?

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #771 on: 04 February, 2012, 09:45:24 am »
Chain's a bit...

;D

Paul - apologies if I'm teaching you to suck eggs but you may want to check your EBB. One of the pinch bolts on mine had rusted to the frame over Christmas and all the grease on the EBB itself had dried out.

P.S. What's the frame pack you have there?

It's not fixed, just singlespeed. No need for uber-tightness. An EBB means I can use a normal QR skewer as well.

« Reply #772 on: 04 February, 2012, 01:54:22 pm »
It's a BuggyBags prototype (a picture of my red On One Inbred with the framebag fitted is on that page somewhere). It's good but we were both learning and I think he's changed the design a bit in the last year so the more recent ones are even better.

I would also have a look at Wildcat bags, based in Wales. Ian Barrington, who's involved in this, is an 'adventure bike racer' so knows what people want a framebag to do.

The original american companies making this sort of bag were Revelate and Carousel Design Works, but check out those prices, not including delivery to the UK!

Chris has a Revelate tanglebag on his Inbred in the picture above, and we both have Ortlieb large saddlebags. We're currently both awaiting seatpacks from this guy to replace the Ortliebs: http://www.bikepack.eu

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #773 on: 04 February, 2012, 03:17:47 pm »
Thanks - I've got a Tanglebag (I have a friend in Boston and was travelling over regularly so was ale to save on postage) but may look for something bigger for longer rides.

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #774 on: 04 February, 2012, 06:04:39 pm »
Chain's a bit...

;D

Chris didn't even bring a camera, but by popular demand... (about the best picture I have, also in the Doethie Valley)

Chris,you have a mudgaurd over the back wheel :o
ya big Jessie ;)