Author Topic: Members Fixed Gear & SS  (Read 334587 times)

Rhys W

• I'm single, bilingual
    • Cardiff Ajax
Re: Members Fixed Gear & SS
« Reply #950 on: 30 June, 2013, 10:41:43 pm »
I'm fine! I was leg breaking...

How can you say you're fine after that?

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #951 on: 30 June, 2013, 11:13:13 pm »
I'm fine! I was leg breaking...

How can you say you're fine after that?

He didn't say who's legs ;D
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!

« Reply #952 on: 01 July, 2013, 11:52:00 pm »
What are those brake levers? Never seen anything like them.

All, thanks or appreciating. The levers are TRP (SS-RL I think). Made by Tektro, and available from On One/Planet X amongst other places, they were a last minute indulgence really, but give a nice retro look.

The slr saddle is the same as on my audax bike, but in team edition colours and from ebay, unlike the black TT version on the other bike. I really like it, though my wife suspects it must be 'like a knife'.

Bars are VO Grand Cru rando and the pedals are also VO with white Christophe straps. Selle Monte Grappa leather bar tape to round it off. #

It's just a shame I don't know how to dress as I get disparaging looks from roadies and mountain bikers alike!

Mike

« Reply #953 on: 08 July, 2013, 11:38:53 am »
My Pompino now with new chainring. I didn't replace the chain as it's not quite 0.75 on the Park tool. I shall change the rear sprocket next chain change though.
A field of linseed?

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #954 on: 08 July, 2013, 11:44:39 am »
My Pompino now with new chainring. I didn't replace the chain as it's not quite 0.75 on the Park tool. I shall change the rear sprocket next chain change though.
A field of linseed?
Probably smells nicer than a field of rapeseed ...

... you can tell its summer now, what with the all-pervading smell that's a combination of blocked drains and really bad cabbage-farts.

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #955 on: 13 July, 2013, 12:04:27 pm »
Something a bit different for you ;)

It's my new dingle-speed Genesis High Latitude (and possible Tour Divide rig) in snow-bike lite mode due to the 'front' wheel not being ready yet. The Salsa Enabler fork will take a Pugsley wheel (the as-yet unfinished wheel is a regular 29er wheel albeit with a cassette hub)

Admittedly, this is a temporary setup to allow me to get the riding position dialled in but come winter I'd be sorely tempted to stick a 180mm rotor on the Pug wheel and run the High Latitude in this setup.

Still need to add pedals and grips .... and a slightly less comedic front wheel.

Fixedwheelnut

• "If it ain't fixed it's broken"
    • My photos
« Reply #956 on: 23 July, 2013, 07:59:47 pm »

Finally have my pub bike on the road my old Falcon Professional stripped repainted and covered in beer labels :)

set here;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fixedwheelnut/sets/72157633006821233/with/9344654607/

"Don't stop pedalling"

IanDG

• The p*** artist formerly known as 'Windy'
    • the_dandg_rouleur
« Reply #957 on: 23 July, 2013, 08:03:12 pm »
Nice (what are the brake levers?)

« Reply #958 on: 23 July, 2013, 09:40:53 pm »
They look like stickers rather than labels of bottles - where did you get them from?

Fixedwheelnut

• My photos
« Reply #959 on: 23 July, 2013, 09:47:05 pm »
Windy Brake levers are TRP Alloy drilled brake levers, very nice, they have a quick release at the lever end that is handy.

Greanmeansgo they are labels off botles of beer,
step one drink beer  :P
step two put bottle in bowl of water and soak off label
step three, dry out the label
step four once you have a prepped frame stick them on by painting the back with clear varnish and allow to dry, some needed small bits of elastic wrapped round to hold until dry
step five spray over with three to four coats of lacquer to seal them in :D

Finally built up full spec;
Frame = Seventies Falcon Proffessional
Miche chainset & BB
Stronglight A9 headset
Nitto handlebars & Stem
TRP Alloy drilled brake levers
Tektro R559 brake calipers 55-73mm drop
Taya 1/8th chain
Miche Xpress wheels on Miche Hubs.
"Don't stop pedalling"

marcusjb

• Full of bon courage.
« Reply #960 on: 24 July, 2013, 08:48:58 am »

Finally have my pub bike on the road my old Falcon Professional stripped repainted and covered in beer labels :)

set here;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fixedwheelnut/sets/72157633006821233/with/9344654607/

That's very good!  Excellent work.
Right! What's next?

Ooooh. That sounds like a daft idea.  I am in!

« Reply #961 on: 24 July, 2013, 09:20:57 am »
Great concept for a pub bike! Bravo!

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #962 on: 24 July, 2013, 09:24:45 am »
Hmm.  Maybe I need to decorate mine with tea labels...
Getting there...

marcusjb

• Full of bon courage.
« Reply #963 on: 24 July, 2013, 09:29:05 am »
Hmm.  Maybe I need to decorate mine with tea labels...

;D

:thumbsup:
Right! What's next?

Ooooh. That sounds like a daft idea.  I am in!

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #964 on: 24 July, 2013, 09:49:24 am »
Great concept for a pub bike! Bravo!
And to think, there are probably some hipster twats out there who'd pay stupid amounts of money to have someone do that to their fashion accessorybike. Possible marketing niche there, I reckon.

Even though I don't drink, I think it looks ace - if it were me I'd be seriously tempted to see if it was possible to clearcoat over the top of it without destroying the labels.

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #965 on: 24 July, 2013, 10:06:50 am »
Even though I don't drink, I think it looks ace - if it were me I'd be seriously tempted to see if it was possible to clearcoat over the top of it without destroying the labels.

See step 5 :D
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

« Reply #966 on: 24 July, 2013, 10:09:36 am »
My commuter, and probably my favourite bike. Uglified with lots of tape and inner tube, which also serves to protect the frame a bit from locking up dings. I also wanted a black bike without the hassle of respraying a new frame. It's due a clean really but the dirty wheels and drivetrain add to the effect. I really like certain non-pretty bikes with all mis-matched components etc. Think I'll start a pretty-ugly bike thread!

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #967 on: 24 July, 2013, 10:27:06 am »

See step 5 :D
Oh yeah ...

« Reply #968 on: 24 July, 2013, 11:55:01 am »

FWN - Do I remember reading that you're a BMW tech of some description? If you are, then please tell us that you've had to hold back doing this to a customer's car at some stage!
'Something....something.... Something about racing bicycles, but really a profound metaphor about life itself.'  Tim Krabbé. Possibly

Fixedwheelnut

• My photos
« Reply #969 on: 24 July, 2013, 09:42:10 pm »

FWN - Do I remember reading that you're a BMW tech of some description? If you are, then please tell us that you've had to hold back doing this to a customer's car at some stage!

Ha, ha No I think my thoughts of receiving a P45 overcome any desire to enhance a Customers car that much :)

I forgot;
Shtep Shix hic shtart collekshun for next bike ;)
"Don't stop pedalling"

Moose57

• Hippopotamus scandere potest colles
« Reply #970 on: 24 July, 2013, 09:47:19 pm »

Ha, ha No I think my thoughts of receiving a P45 overcome any desire to enhance a Customers car that much :)

I forgot;
Shtep Shix hic shtart collekshun for next bike ;)

I can help you with the collection for the next bike if you like!!

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #971 on: 26 July, 2013, 11:07:56 am »

set here;

Did you use any of these labels;D
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

Fixedwheelnut

• My photos
« Reply #972 on: 27 July, 2013, 11:55:52 pm »
^^ no but I shall hunt some down now, :P
"Don't stop pedalling"

LEE

« Reply #973 on: 28 July, 2013, 12:15:14 am »
The best fit-for-purpose "respray" I've ever seen.

« Reply #974 on: 28 July, 2013, 10:35:35 am »
Fantastic idea and really well done !