Author Topic: Three Bromptons, a Moulton and a Bickerton - 200 km from Northallerton, 03/05/21  (Read 7608 times)

(Look, I tried to get a start in Brompton, but Northallerton will do, and it's conveniently opposite the station).

A mainly flat 200 visiting all the Bromptons in North Yorkshire, plus Moulton and Bickerton (and optional Helios). All bikes welcome. I'm not sure I'd recommend bringing your Bickerton, though they've presumably improved since the one I had a go on a few years back.

Entries here, and the route is here if you want to have a skeg.

Amended start date - now running on Mayday, Monday 3rd May 2021

That's clever. Wish I lived nearer.

It was a ridiculous notion that germinated until I decided it had to be a thing :)

Judging by the entries on the first day, it's proving popular, but that may be more to do with the lack of hills than the likelihood of a massed rally of Brommies and Moultons (but I can hope).

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
Earth calling LWaB ...

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
Now I have a brompton, a moulton and had a bickerton, I should be in this but 200km by me in 4 months time....HA HA HA.

But cheap train tickets can be sorted and cheap be a laugh.

Not a member of audax and would not want to interfere with any audaxers.

This is just bait for a platoon of silly bikes isn’t it?

I'm in, hope my Airnimal is allowed, I've been looking for an excuse to use it for something a bit longer.

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
Two Bromptons and two Moultons in this house. A long way to start a 200 but tempting.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

Two Bromptons and two Moultons in this house. A long way to start a 200 but tempting.
Find a Moulton Tandem and I'm in.

Seriously- we could put you up here if the world is closer to normal by then.

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
orienteer is the Moulton tandem man, sorry. Rare beasts and many of them are in Australia.
https://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=50877.0 and
https://www.coulouris.net/biking/moultons/APBtandem/
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

yorkie

• On top of the Galibier
Entry submitted.

I can confirm that I will NOT be riding it on my Brompton! I'll probably decide a couple of days before whether it'll be fixed or gears, but end of March is erring more towards fixed normally.  :-)

Deano, if you need any of the York end of the route checking, feel free to drop me a PM.

D
Born to ride my bike, forced to work! ;)

British Cycling Regional A Track Commissaire
British Cycling Regional A Circuit Commissaire
Cycling Attendant, York Sport Village Cycle Circuit and Velodrome

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
It was a ridiculous notion that germinated until I decided it had to be a thing :)
Ridiculous essence of audax.  :thumbsup:
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

You're one Brompton short .
https://goo.gl/maps/8CNzu3Ua4vHSKVBu7

Looks good though. Hope to do this.

Ruthie

• Her Majester
So up for this. Unless it snows obv.
Milk please, no sugar.

This is just bait for a platoon of silly bikes isn’t it?

It's all bait, except for my brevet unpopulaire, that's a ridiculous thing and will be happening on the same day for anyone daft enough to enter.

Entry submitted.

I can confirm that I will NOT be riding it on my Brompton! I'll probably decide a couple of days before whether it'll be fixed or gears, but end of March is erring more towards fixed normally.  :-)

Deano, if you need any of the York end of the route checking, feel free to drop me a PM.

D

Cheers D, I need to decide on my route through York and check the access points for the Bridge of Dreams and make sure the cafes on Bishy Road are still there. I'll let you know if I do need someone to take a look.

Nah, it gets hilly over that way.

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
make sure the cafes on Bishy Road are still there.

If anyone gets an info question about which cyclist has a signed, dedicated photo in the Pig & Pastry, the answer is Lance Armstrong.

So up for this. Unless it snows obv.

:thumbsup:

Entered - will ride a sensible bike though

Entered. Might make a long weekend on it and take the tandem for a spin on the Sunday for a change of scene.
Whats the collective noun for small wheelers ?  A wobble ?

Entered. Might make a long weekend on it and take the tandem for a change of scene.

A fold of Bromptons.

wilkyboy

• "nick" by any other name
    • 16-inch wheels
Entered. Might make a long weekend on it and take the tandem for a change of scene.

A fold of Bromptons.

I wrote a post with that as the title -- https://www.16inchwheels.uk/2015/08/20/paris-brest-paris-a-fold-of-bromptons/.
Lockdown lethargy. RRTY: wot's that? Can't remember if I'm on #8 or #9 ...

An argument of Bickertons. Unless that's tandems :)