Author Topic: A random thread for weatherish things that don't warrant a thread of their own.  (Read 285674 times)

TimC

• Old blerk sometimes onabike.
Ours stopped at 0.4mm.

And there it is!

The probability of rain in my bit of Suffolk has reduced to about 33% in the period 0800-1000, but is still pretty high (80%-ish) for the late evening. For the last few weeks, almost all the forecast rain has failed to turn up. The little bit we had today wasn’t forecast (at least on the apps I use). I very much doubt whether we got even a quarter of your 0.4mm - I was gardening throughout and got spat on for 15 minutes (and not by the cat) and that was it!

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
The Met Office forecast for this neck of the woods is for a heavy shower around 1am, with 90% probability allegedly, and the potential for thundery showers tomorrow afternoon. I would be very happy of there were enough rain to fill both my water butts.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
It rained here in the night and again early in the morning. I don't know how much, probably not a great deal but the ground was still wet at about 11am. There was more rain forecast for the late afternoon/early evening, but that didn't happen.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

I was out on the bike south of Melton this morning and there was the odd drop of unforecast rain.  Judging by the puddles when I got home just 12k to the west it had absolutely tonked it down.  Looking on the Met Office website they had 'discovered' a high level occluded front to explain it all  ::-)

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
On the basis of the forecast, I didn't water any plants this evening. And now they've downgraded the heavy rain to light rain, and the probability form 90% to 50%. But they are forecasting it over 3 hours rather than 2. And tomorrow daytime light rain is forecast for quite a few consecutive hours. If it amounts to more than a very few mm I shall be most surprised.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
Some rain is forecast every day from Monday to Thursday next week, mostly in the evening, and getting quite heavy on Wednesday. Good for trees.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
BBC app is promising showers with varying degrees of thunderiness until Monday morning but I'll believe when it comes in through the skylight which I've inadvertently left open.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
Another 0.8mm in a recent 30 minute period. At one point, shortly after we had gone to bed, my semi-comatose Dear Wife was wide awake, having seen a flash of lightning through closed eyelids. I didn’t observe this phenomenon, but we both lay there listening to the distant rumble of thunder.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
Rain between 02:30 and 03:00.  Difference made: 0.

All the rain is on the West coast of Ireland.   A downpour led to serious flooding in Tralee yesterday. 

https://twitter.com/TodayFM/status/1670127587975213056
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

Today’s gardening is postponed, it far too warm and humid. Tomorrow morning is forecast to be cooler and I have the day off.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

Still no rain here.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
My butt is more than half full. And it is filling further as I type.

Here in Burton we are getting a complete soaking. Torrential rain.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
Still 33 degrees in the Estate Office and I haven't even been hammering the graphics card today.  Though there do appear to be a few raindops on top of the BIINNS.

Had our first rain in weeks early today. Scarcely enough to wet the bottom of a bucket. More due in 34.5 minutes.
Move Faster and Bake Things

Just a gentle hour of rain today, and a couple of thunders.

Relatively gentle rain this evening which has now nearly stopped  :)
the slower you go the more you see

Cooler, fresher, and a south westerly breeze for the first time in weeks.

TimC

• Old blerk sometimes onabike.
We got steady but fairly light rain from 1700 through to 2300 last night, so the garden is looking (and smelling) a bit healthier today! Looks like there will be a bit more rain over the next several days so I'm expecting weeding tasks to increase...

ian

Walking yesterday. Boots are still drying on the patio. This may take a few more days.

Tall wet grass and other vegetation, combined with heavy rain, also ensured a wet gusset. At one point, my trousers were so wet, the sensation was identical to wearing a wet suit.

Apparently there was a huge thunderstorm at 4am Sunday morning which I completely slept through.

Walking yesterday. Boots are still drying on the patio. This may take a few more days.

Tall wet grass and other vegetation, combined with heavy rain, also ensured a wet gusset. At one point, my trousers were so wet, the sensation was identical to wearing a wet suit.

Apparently there was a huge thunderstorm at 4am Sunday morning which I completely slept through.
I have form for sleeping through thunderstorms.

Beautiful warm sunny day all day yesterday but lm sheltering from the rain in market harbourgh this morning. The  rain radar shows a few hours of cafe time in my future  :)
the slower you go the more you see

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
Binning down with added thunder in E17 around 7 ack emma and it almost feels cool out there.

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen

I have form for sleeping through thunderstorms.
And alarm clocks. (FNRTTC years ago to Sarfend, thunderous applause at J31 services)
There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)