Author Topic: Yorkshire tour on ITV4??  (Read 4761 times)

Yorkshire tour on ITV4??
« on: 30 April, 2016, 11:39:21 am »
it is supposed to be on now but we can't find any cycling on anywhere. Re-tuned the set to no avail, anyone got some info please?

PH
Bees do nothing invariably.

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
Re: Yorkshire tour on ITV4??
« Reply #1 on: 30 April, 2016, 11:41:27 am »
Try tvguide.co.uk

The coverage starts at 14.15
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

« Reply #2 on: 30 April, 2016, 11:43:29 am »
 around 900 hours  watching the start of the  race on eurosport 411
Its More Fun With Three .

« Reply #3 on: 30 April, 2016, 11:54:56 am »
Thanks so they have dropped the women's coverage.

PH

essexian

« Reply #4 on: 30 April, 2016, 12:00:38 pm »
According to someone on Bike Radar there were issues with the relay plane meaning that they could not broadcast live pictures.

If that's true then its a cock up of the highest order not having a standby plane.

I can see the sponsors not being happy seeing how they have given the largest ever prize for a women's race.

Chris S

« Reply #5 on: 30 April, 2016, 12:22:18 pm »
According to someone on Bike Radar there were issues with the relay plane meaning that they could not broadcast live pictures.

Hmm... any connection with this morning's plane crash near Castle Howard I wonder?

simonp

« Reply #6 on: 30 April, 2016, 03:44:40 pm »
I had the same thought. The time of the crash is around the time ITV were reporting technical issues.

« Reply #7 on: 30 April, 2016, 04:05:36 pm »
The plane that broadcasts images from the motorbike and heli cameras was losing power and had to land. A replacement was sent from France but I gather the original was mended and that's the one now broadcasting live images from the men's event. I haven't seen it had anything to do with that plane crash.

Such a bloody shame for #wtdy.  :'(

« Reply #8 on: 30 April, 2016, 08:53:56 pm »
The ITV4 highlights programme reported the issues Peli has listed above. I don't understand why that means no pictures were available for the highlights show either.  Surely if the plane was to relay broadcast the heli cameras and motorbike cameras then the footage from those sources would exist to put together a highlights show?  Or do these cameras not actually record and just broadcast direct to the plane?

simonp

« Reply #9 on: 30 April, 2016, 09:22:59 pm »
Suspect that might well be the case.

« Reply #10 on: 30 April, 2016, 09:39:31 pm »
Yes, that's the case. From what I gleaned from twitter, the motos and helis stopped filming, obviously, when they heard the pictures weren't being transmitted.

simonp

« Reply #11 on: 30 April, 2016, 09:46:36 pm »
They have footage at 17km on the highlights of the men's race. Presumably they fixed things again?

« Reply #12 on: 30 April, 2016, 09:59:00 pm »
Yes, they fixed the original plane though a replacement one was also sent over from France. The original plane had been used in four Tours de France, apparently.

Gary Verity texted Ned Boulting at 14:44: "Plane fixed & about to take off." Needless to say, Sir Gary intappy.

The thing that got me was the stand-in footage shown was bloody fishing. Men fishing. FFS.

simonp

« Reply #13 on: 30 April, 2016, 10:27:37 pm »
They managed to get helicopter footage for the final 20km of the men's race. Unfortunately the helicopter noise was mixed way too loud. A mess from start to finish.

« Reply #14 on: 01 May, 2016, 11:08:09 am »
I was watching it live when the live feed disappeared so the picture reverted to the finish line camera. As well as some kids playing on the road, you could just see Christian Prudhomme in the corner of the shot, on his mobile phone. No doubt calling to find what was going on!
I am often asked, what does YOAV stand for? It stands for Yoav On A Velo

simonp

« Reply #15 on: 01 May, 2016, 02:54:28 pm »
Watching the climb out of Grosmont reminds me of the Pendle 600k.  :hand:

Ruthie

• Her Majester
« Reply #16 on: 01 May, 2016, 02:54:45 pm »
It's making me miss those Yorkshire roads I used to ride with Crusty.
Milk please, no sugar.

Chris S

« Reply #17 on: 01 May, 2016, 03:16:01 pm »

Come over and ride 'em with us instead  :).

« Reply #18 on: 01 May, 2016, 03:26:03 pm »
Well didn't it turn into a complete dogs breakfast?

They lost the plane and turned to the commentator to cover again and he said somewhat peeved not knowing he was live, "But I've been covering for two hours already!"

We turned it off as a total waste of time and I imagine there is a very annoyed queue of sponsors with their hands out for refunds. In full!

PH

Ruthie

• Her Majester
« Reply #19 on: 01 May, 2016, 03:41:32 pm »

Come over and ride 'em with us instead  :).

Okay  :D
Milk please, no sugar.

Vince

• Can't climb; won't climb
« Reply #20 on: 02 May, 2016, 01:20:07 am »
I found the extended helicopter coverage interesting as you could see how the various teams moved around in the peleton in a way not normally apparent with the Hitchcock style of flipping between cameras every 2 seconds.
216km from Marsh Gibbon