Author Topic: LEL jerseys sold out  (Read 4268 times)

wilkyboy

• "nick" by any other name
    • 16-inch wheels
Re: LEL jerseys sold out
« Reply #25 on: 13 June, 2013, 01:10:46 pm »
If we placed the order this morning, will that order be fulfilled in the first run, or should I be watching out for a refund, or will you hold onto the cash until you can send the booty in September?

If you placed an order, we will fulfil it. I switched off ordering before I made the announcement that sales closed, so it was impossible to place an order after we'd sold out.

Smashing, thanks Danial!   :thumbsup:

TBH I wouldn't have minded getting it after the event either, as it's a memento to say "I did this", not an essential piece of kit for the ride, if you get my drift:  I am more likely to wear it on PBP   ;)
Lockdown lethargy. RRTY: wot's that? Can't remember if I'm on #8 or #9 ...

Redlight

• Enjoying life in the slow lane
« Reply #26 on: 13 June, 2013, 01:46:29 pm »
seems a few T&C are change adhoc on this event........ especially with max entry and late entry... just hope that does not effect the early poeple who came in for the 750 riders....

If by 'a few T&C are change adhoc on this event' you mean the massively increased field, to allow as many people as possible to take part, then yes, 'a few T&C are change adhoc on this event'.

I wish I knew in January what I know now, but looking back I doubt I would have changed what I did much when faced with the same challenges.

Can we just remind ourselves for a moment that LEL 2013 is WAY better organised in every way than LEL 2009. Even the jerseys are better - having the date on, for example. So we should all appreciate the efforts of the volunteer LEL team. I'm sure any things that aren't quite perfect this time can be rectified in 2017.
Why should anybody steal a watch when they can steal a bicycle?

« Reply #27 on: 13 June, 2013, 02:53:04 pm »
LEL team please don't take it the wrong way....

your doing a big job so a number of us can have a fun ride  ;) very good of you to do the things you do......
I'm sure you have things in hand for the massive increase in numbers.

cheers
Graydog

« Reply #28 on: 13 June, 2013, 03:49:41 pm »
Doh! I missed out for now. Was hoping to order tonight.   

I'm happy to pay up front by PayPal for the later order especially if this eases things for the Saturday 27th
Eddington: 114 Miles

London Edinburgh London

« Reply #29 on: 14 June, 2013, 02:14:31 pm »
I'm delighted to announce that we will be producing a second run of LEL jerseys and gilets shortly after the event.

You'll be able to order these until just after LEL, for delivery to you at home in late September.

There will have to be a small rise in the cost of the gilets, which we've subsidised up until now. The jersey price will stay the same.

Full details about how to order will be in the next rider mailing, which will also be your rider information pack.

« Reply #30 on: 14 June, 2013, 02:40:19 pm »
Splendid.

I'd been delaying ordering a jersey until today because of personal cashflow so was feeling disappointed: ordering it after I know I've completed (NB - mustn't count chickens) suits me even better.

No sooner does a problem appear and cause disappointment than it is followed by a solution - hurrah and thank you.

(And if this is the effect, you can make all the adhoc changes you like to Ts&Cs.)

« Reply #31 on: 14 June, 2013, 02:48:40 pm »
As above.....Thanks for sorting this quickly.

« Reply #32 on: 14 June, 2013, 06:05:08 pm »
Yeah, sounds good. And those who haven't odered yet can check for correct sizes in Loughton before or after the event.

London Edinburgh London

« Reply #33 on: 14 June, 2013, 06:31:42 pm »
ForceGB will also be registration, to hand out jerseys and run a swap shop. You can get sizing advice straight from the manufacturers.

« Reply #34 on: 14 June, 2013, 09:14:44 pm »
Graydog, if I end up DNSing, then you can have my recumbent jersey (size m).  I hope that is ok with the orgs.  If I am not at the start, would it be possible for someone else to pick up my jersey?

Phil W

« Reply #35 on: 14 June, 2013, 10:14:45 pm »
Lee w - you will start (repeat after me)

« Reply #36 on: 15 June, 2013, 08:01:47 am »
Graydog, if I end up DNSing, then you can have my recumbent jersey (size m).  I hope that is ok with the orgs.  If I am not at the start, would it be possible for someone else to pick up my jersey?

Lee mate that is very kind of you....

BUT YOUR STARTING AND FINISHING!!!
 >:( ;D ;D  even if we have to sit you between Yanto and I to push and pull you :thumbsup:.....

have you tried moving you seat forward, shuch shorten you reach and thereby put lees roll on your ankels?
ca you go up 5mm-10mm on your cranks to stop you spinning as much?
be sure to fit a few more granny gears.......  I'm setting Qsls with a supper low set and max spin out at about 45. current spin out it 58 with a bottom end 3.5mph

see you on the start and enjoy the worlds next week!!!

« Reply #37 on: 15 June, 2013, 10:31:57 am »
I'm delighted to announce that we will be producing a second run of LEL jerseys and gilets shortly after the event.

You'll be able to order these until just after LEL, for delivery to you at home in late September.

There will have to be a small rise in the cost of the gilets, which we've subsidised up until now. The jersey price will stay the same.

Full details about how to order will be in the next rider mailing, which will also be your rider information pack.
Great news, thanks :thumbsup:
Eddington: 114 Miles

« Reply #38 on: 16 June, 2013, 01:59:26 pm »
Thanks Daniel, that's good news.

Though you did such a good job of selling me the value of a gilet, that I may need to buy a different one before the ride.  Unless the weather stays like it is, and I can keep using the winter weight one that I never took off on a 300km yesterday.

London Edinburgh London

« Reply #39 on: 16 June, 2013, 04:16:03 pm »
Thanks Daniel, that's good news.

Though you did such a good job of selling me the value of a gilet, that I may need to buy a different one before the ride.  Unless the weather stays like it is, and I can keep using the winter weight one that I never took off on a 300km yesterday.

Interestingly, a much higher proportion of women are buying gilets than men. i don't know if this is because women cyclists tend on average to be wealthier than their male counterparts (ie much more likely to not have children or children who have left home), or if there's something about gilets that appeal to women.

Every woman who has tried the LEL jersey has purred about how good it is. I really hope everyone else likes it as much as the testers.

mikewigley

« Reply #40 on: 16 June, 2013, 07:33:42 pm »
As Danial keeps stressing that the jerseys are "hand-stitched in Yorkshire" I can just picture the sewing circles up and down the length of the county as they work through a big pile of LEL-material, striving to get everything ready for the end of July.  The rhubarb harvest is being left in the fields unharvested, the whippets and terriers are being left unwalked.  I'm sure the air is blue with "eeh by 'eck".  This is one order that can't be late, they're of no use on the 29th July, so I for one can understand the "sold out" signs.  But then it's easy for me to say that as I ordered mine in January.

London Edinburgh London

« Reply #41 on: 16 June, 2013, 10:43:50 pm »
They make them in an actual mill, believe it or not.