Author Topic: Perms as an AUK non-member?  (Read 3992 times)

Oaky

• ACME Fire Safety Officer
  • Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
Perms as an AUK non-member?
« on: 16 October, 2009, 11:18:03 pm »
Is it possible to do a perm ride as a non-member of AUK?

Is it just the same as for calendar events i.e. you can pay an additional £2 temp. membership fee that covers the insurance requirements etc.?

Cheers,
Mark
You are in a maze of twisty flat droves, all alike.

85.4 miles from Marsh Gibbon

Audax Club Mid-Essex Fire Safety Officer
http://acme.bike

Manotea

• Where there is doubt...
Re: Perms as an AUK non-member?
« Reply #1 on: 16 October, 2009, 11:33:41 pm »

Is it just the same as for calendar events i.e. you can pay an additional £2 temp. membership fee that covers the insurance requirements etc.?

Cheers,
Mark

Dunno but if somebody is interested enough to want a ride validated then why not join AUK? It only costs £7 discounting the £2 temp membership on the first ride (and you can join online, so I'm told)!

« Reply #2 on: 16 October, 2009, 11:50:14 pm »
I suppose it might be possible that there is a market for 'approved' routes rather than 'validated' routes....maybe it's a potential money spinner for AUK!  ;D  Charge non members loads of cash to ride a route.

Weirdy Biker

« Reply #3 on: 17 October, 2009, 04:33:23 pm »
Yes it is.  They only need pay the £2 temporary membership if they don't have appropriate third party insurance.

Having non-members entering is not an unusual occurence on my E2E permanents, as non-members often accompany members.  I tend to politely suggest they consider joining AUK, as anyone prepared to consider the E2E (at either BP or BR standard) is clearly made of the "right stuff".

Oaky

• Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #4 on: 17 October, 2009, 06:27:48 pm »

Cheers,
Mark

Dunno but if somebody is interested enough to want a ride validated then why not join AUK? It only costs £7 discounting the £2 temp membership on the first ride (and you can join online, so I'm told)!

As far as I can tell from the AUK site, it's £19 for a year's membership for a new member, isn't it?

In all likelihood, I will probably join anyway.  I'd been holding back on doing so on the basis that I've only ridden four or five AUK events in my first year of doign them, so the temporary membership option is certainly the most cost-effective...  Of course, joining would give me the added benefit of seeing my risibly low points score in print :).

I do intend to do more events this coming year, so the membership tipping point might have been reached.

« Reply #5 on: 17 October, 2009, 06:31:45 pm »
I do intend to do more events this coming year, so the membership tipping point might have been reached.

Join now and you get the rest of this year's membership for free. You'd be a member until December 31st 2010 (or December 31st 2015 if you join for 5 years).

It makes no sense to hold off until next year to join.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

« Reply #6 on: 17 October, 2009, 07:48:23 pm »
Of course, joining would give me the added benefit of seeing my risibly low points score in print :).

They'll very kindly add one's risibly low points score for rides ridden as a non member too, if you ask.

Oaky

• Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #7 on: 17 October, 2009, 07:56:24 pm »

Join now and you get the rest of this year's membership for free. You'd be a member until December 31st 2010 (or December 31st 2015 if you join for 5 years).

It makes no sense to hold off until next year to join.

Cheers Greenbank - you've convinced me - I've just completed the online joining process