Author Topic: [LEL17] The ACME LEL Peloton Thread [All Welcome!]  (Read 31532 times)

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
Re: The ACME LEL Peloton Thread [All Welcome!]
« Reply #150 on: 07 August, 2017, 11:21:21 am »
I enjoyed and benefited hugely from riding with the ACME crew on and off for the four and a bit days. Very grateful for the opportunity to do so. I learned a lot. Thanks to all. Not sure how to post videos to the board so here is a link to a short one of some of the ACME riders on the Fens - http://www.monaxle.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/P1040440.mp4?_=1

Excellent! Love it :D  :thumbsup: 

Mind if I nick it and post to FB / Twitter ?
Regards,

Joergen

Alexander Turner

• Enough is plenty. Good enough will do.
« Reply #151 on: 07 August, 2017, 12:24:04 pm »
Nice one. Of course you can. Go right ahead.

Bernster

• ACME (Herts Branch)
« Reply #152 on: 07 August, 2017, 03:11:33 pm »
Did Bernster finish?
I did indeed - properly tough going, but great fun as well, can't heap enough praise on the superb organisation and brilliant volunteers! Apologies to the various people I spoke with at the arrivee after finishing - I very much doubt I was making any sense. A power nap followed by a few coffees certainly helped.

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #153 on: 07 August, 2017, 03:31:38 pm »
 Nice one!

« Reply #154 on: 13 August, 2017, 11:57:19 am »
Hey chaps - nice to catch up with you all yesterday!

Does anyone know if Andrew Praetor is on yacf? Just wanted to say hello post DNF...

Allen

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #155 on: 13 August, 2017, 12:06:38 pm »
He's certainly on Twitter
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #156 on: 13 August, 2017, 12:41:22 pm »
He's certainly on Twitter

Ah yes, got him. Was looking for more than 140 characters though :-)

« Reply #157 on: 13 August, 2017, 07:06:25 pm »
@alotronic - I'm Nim 'on here'. I got your message through my website contact form. :thumbsup:

I said this to the ACME folk I talked to at Loughton when I collected my drop bags, but congratulations and chapeau to you all on an awesome achievement completing LEL.

As Tomsk says up-thread I need the Flatlands 600 to complete my Essex SR. Last year that ride collapsed into type 2 fun within the first 200 km. This year I'm better prepared and knowing the route, rather looking forward to the Spoons breakfasts, Goole McDonalds, audax hotels...

Nim

« Reply #158 on: 14 August, 2017, 03:43:35 pm »
 :thumbsup: I need the flatlands for my Fixed SR... :facepalm:

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #159 on: 14 August, 2017, 06:24:27 pm »

Me too  ::-)

Can I politely request the ACME peloton helps me clear up after breakfast and leaves late [typically takes about 30 minutes to do] - I'll of course mark your card as a late start and tack the extra time onto the end if you need it. It does mean the crowds at Red Lodge will have dispersed by the time we arrive and we'll have a quicker passage.

rob

« Reply #160 on: 15 August, 2017, 12:46:23 pm »

Enjoy.   Having skipped 2016, I'll be back this year on 79".

I've only just finished re-building the bike so it will get a shakedown on the R&R this weekend.    I do wonder if I should relocate the family north of London, but I think 'so Daddy can ride his bike more' is not a valid reason.

« Reply #161 on: 15 August, 2017, 12:52:25 pm »
@alotronic - I'm Nim 'on here'. I got your message through my website contact form. :thumbsup:

I said this to the ACME folk I talked to at Loughton when I collected my drop bags, but congratulations and chapeau to you all on an awesome achievement completing LEL.

As Tomsk says up-thread I need the Flatlands 600 to complete my Essex SR. Last year that ride collapsed into type 2 fun within the first 200 km. This year I'm better prepared and knowing the route, rather looking forward to the Spoons breakfasts, Goole McDonalds, audax hotels...

Nim

Aha! Cheers! And just got your email too. I am seriously considering flatlands but it will not be fixed... that way madness lies. Last year the damp and the ahem bits did not get on too well.

Happy to be part of the registration and tidy up crew Tomsk.

I can't quite believe that anyone who LELed would want to see that route again for years, but here we all are. Short memory.

« Reply #162 on: 15 August, 2017, 12:55:59 pm »
Randonesia is in full swing and it's a different route through the Fens anyway  :facepalm: I'm thinking of trying it with the Day One set up in Go Faster mode (for me anyway) with 78" Gear, Aerobars and the Koala for luggage. If you see someone walking on Sunday it will probably be me.

All good on leaving a bit later Tomsk.

« Reply #163 on: 15 August, 2017, 01:01:20 pm »
I'm thinking of trying it with the Day One set up in Go Faster mode (for me anyway) with 78" Gear, Aerobars and the Koala for luggage.

Fighting talk! I'll be right there, just behind you.

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #164 on: 15 August, 2017, 02:01:31 pm »
... and Koala for luggage...

First it was llamas now koalas. I didn't know ACME was going into the zoo business.