Author Topic: Coloured tyres  (Read 5164 times)

Coloured tyres
« on: 16 January, 2021, 10:44:10 am »
Hi Folks,

Anyone know where I can get my mitts on some rather fancy brightly coloured bicycle tyres in a size of 700 x 25c (clincher not tubular) for my fixie? Good quality but cheap would also be a bonus. Preferably folding. My internet searches thus far have yielded poor results. I have found a rather nice purple tyre for £6 but it doesn't fold..

Any help/suggestions/etc would be aces!

Thanks in Advance

Doo  ;D
I dunno why anybody's doing this!

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
Re: Coloured tyres
« Reply #1 on: 16 January, 2021, 10:49:37 am »
Vredestein and Hutchinson have made some wild ones in the past.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #2 on: 16 January, 2021, 12:45:37 pm »
Halo used to make some, Twinrail they were called, Mrs T has some purple ones on her Carlton
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

« Reply #3 on: 16 January, 2021, 01:26:48 pm »

Geriatricdolan

« Reply #4 on: 16 January, 2021, 03:53:19 pm »
As a tyre snob, I am horrified by this thread...  :o

« Reply #5 on: 16 January, 2021, 07:36:18 pm »
Coloured tyres matter  ;D :demon:
the slower you go the more you see

« Reply #6 on: 20 January, 2021, 07:54:31 am »
Thanks for the comments folks.
It's proved a difficult challenge. I have found plenty of 700 x 23 coloured tyres but the sought after 700 x 25 still remain a challenge.
I have managed to acquire 1 purple tyre and 1 green with the spec I wanted though, and as my bike has only 2 wheels was happy with that.  :smug:

Cheers, Doo  ;D
I dunno why anybody's doing this!

« Reply #7 on: 31 January, 2021, 04:35:45 pm »
Thanks for the comments folks.
It's proved a difficult challenge. I have found plenty of 700 x 23 coloured tyres but the sought after 700 x 25 still remain a challenge.
I have managed to acquire 1 purple tyre and 1 green with the spec I wanted though, and as my bike has only 2 wheels was happy with that.  :smug:

Cheers, Doo  ;D

Mango Bikes appear to sell 700x25 tyres in a select of, erm, vivid colours?  https://mangobikes.com/shop/parts/tyres-and-tubes/kenda-25c-tyre/

ravenbait

• Someone's imaginary friend
  • Pudge controls the weather.
« Reply #8 on: 12 May, 2021, 05:56:52 pm »
I was devastated to learn recently that Veloflex no longer make the blue 700x25c Master tyres, which I have used on my Pinarello since I got him about 18 years ago. The current ones should do me a while yet, but gods know what I'll replace them with. I'm still bitter about not being able to put another set of blue GP4000s on my Pompino fixed.

Sam
https://ravenbait.com
"Created something? Hah! But that would be irresponsible! And unethical! I would never, ever make... more than one."

Jonah

• Audax Club Hackney
« Reply #9 on: 16 June, 2022, 10:42:15 pm »
Vittoria did a rather robust 'Randonneur' 25c clincher.  I always thought that white tyres looked great on vintage bikes; especially with signal red frames. 

Colours would however, also be completely out of the question in my book.

One thing worse though; a coloured chain...

ravenbait

• Pudge controls the weather.
« Reply #10 on: 17 June, 2022, 11:03:14 am »
My book has room for coloured tyres.

If only I could find some.

Sam
https://ravenbait.com
"Created something? Hah! But that would be irresponsible! And unethical! I would never, ever make... more than one."

Jonah

• Audax Club Hackney